Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

deadbeat son

Explorer
My Daughter calls it "Beast" (she's 2). The vehicle has 300K+ miles on it. The 1KZ-TE engine is from a Japanese Hilux Surf and has about 30K miles on it.
Shrockworks Bumper and sliders.
Sonoran Steel lift.

It is my DD and not a Rock Crawler, but is reasonably capable offroad.

Looking through these forums make me want to step up its campability!

Looks like it would go anywhere I'd care to go as it is!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
My Daughter calls it "Beast" (she's 2). The vehicle has 300K+ miles on it. The 1KZ-TE engine is from a Japanese Hilux Surf and has about 30K miles on it.
Shrockworks Bumper and sliders.
Sonoran Steel lift.

It is my DD and not a Rock Crawler, but is reasonably capable offroad.

Looking through these forums make me want to step up its campability!

View attachment 104101

Ah diesel swap?! lucky!

Containerized

Adventurer
Still waiting for updates on my Taco project truck from the States. :: taps fingers ::

However, here in Uganda it was a gorgeous Friday... took the FJC out on Kitgum Road, which is an old road linking the Senior Quarters (now called Ariaga) area of Gulu, Uganda (so named because British officers used to be housed there) with the outpost town of Kitgum, which has grown into something of a city (well, not a CITY, but you know what I mean...) in the past two decades. Nice drive, uneventful, only a few puddles left from last night's rain, though the road was quite soft.

Some pics:

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Area52

Adventurer
I just picked this up today.

It's drivable, but needs a new trans and exhaust.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Area52

Adventurer
Thanks,

It's a 1981.

I have no intention of bobbing it.

The body is almost rust free.

Just planning on a winch, rock guards, re-gear, lockers and fixing what's broken or in need of replacement.

This is my fourth early 80's, including one Trekker.

I'll post them today.

I only plan on using for trails and plan to have it ready by next year's Chile Challenge.

Jim

Area52

Adventurer
I bought this truck for $1200 in 1991 with a destroyed 4 speed. I replaced it with a five speed and drove it all over NM/WTX for a few years.
attachment.php

I bought this Trekker in California for around $3500 in 1995 and used it as a daily driver for a few years.

attachment.php

This was bought around 2002 for $2500 with less than 90K on the clock. I don't think it was ever off road, and I regret selling it. I wasn't interested in building it up at the time, but now I have the resources, hence the renewed interest in my "newest" 1981 Toy.

attachment.php

the newest and the oldest:

attachment.php

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I bought this truck for $1200 in 1991 with a destroyed 4 speed. I replaced it with a five speed and drove it all over NM/WTX for a few years.
attachment.php

I bought this Trekker in California for around $3500 in 1995 and used it as a daily driver for a few years.

attachment.php

This was bought around 2002 for $2500 with less than 90K on the clock. I don't think it was ever off road, and I regret selling it. I wasn't interested in building it up at the time, but now I have the resources, hence the renewed interest in my "newest" 1981 Toy.

attachment.php

the newest and the oldest:

attachment.php

Nice, that is my favorite body style for Toyotas. Just something so right about it.

There is (was?) a well built '81 for sale in Cali with a Wildernest on craigslist.

$ 5,495.001981 Toyota Pickup 4x4 longbed with WilderNest camper 143,220 miles. Pickup has Toyota electric locker front and rear with 4.56 gears, Marlin Crawler 4.70:1 gear kit transfer case, Heavy duty clutch, Thore Headers, Downey leaf springs and shackles, Doetsch shocks, BudBuilt transfer case mount and skid plate, bed liner, and more

https://picasaweb.google.com/115939197605930696495/Pickup81Toyota?authkey=Gv1sRgCJHinsqYwZeI0AE#

IMG_3594.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle