Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

vision19

1KZ-TE

I'll play. 1992 4Runner with a 1KZTE turbo diesel swap. Intercooled and 3" turbo-back exhaust. Rear e-locker, aisin manual hubs, OME Rear springs, dual front shock setup etc etc.. Still needs some finishing touches on the roof rack, and I am fabbing a rear tire carrier next week. Here are some shots of Mountain Lion hunting in the Black Hills, SD!

bh1.jpg

bh2.jpg

bh3.jpg

bh4.jpg

bh5.jpg

jds0912

Adventurer
I used velcro for a little bit but I eventually used the small buttons that came with the topper.Measured and drilled holes, then screwed those three buttons into the bed. Very secure and it keeps th eplastic from rubbing up against the window. I got some big plans for the topper by ditching the folding aluminum frame and putting a steel frame in its place so I can put a RTT over it.

Yeah I called softopper yesterday and got some of those screw in buttons and other stuff sent to me (really helpful customer service). Not sure if you have seen this ad, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Expe...6382832?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3ccf535570 , but it looks like he has a topper/RTT combo like you are talking about. Its the ATO expedition rig that was on the forum a while back. Maybe you can get ahold of this dude.

$T2eC16ZHJGQE9noMbZY2BRLOUv5RuQ~~60_12.jpg

paddlenbike

Adventurer
Vision19--really nice 2nd gen! I think the 2nd gens are under-rated...I mean sure, the engine choices are underpowered, but mine was an excellent truck all-around. The addition of modern wheels, blacked-out emblems and new rear coils makes yours look really nice and modern.

Sorry for the pavement pics, but here are some recent pics of my 3rd gen at some military bunkers near the Golden Gate Bridge in SF.
Marin_Headlands2.jpg

Marin_Headlands.jpg

rk_az

Adventurer
Most recent photos of my '04. Not much left to do...winch, and new rear leafs cuz the Dakars are sagging a bit (which is a big disappointment).

P1110469.jpg

P1110468.jpg

P1110470.jpg

rk_az

Adventurer
The holders are from Expedition Exchange. The way I mounted them is not the most elegant, but they are rock solid, I can grab the can and shake the whole truck and the can doesn't move in the holder. I used some steel plate (3/16 I think) cut a little longer than the holder, and sandwiched the bars of the cargo rack between the holder and the steel plate, using 4 bolts. I also lined the holders with some thin rubber floor mat material to take up some excess slop so the cans are held tighter in the holders. Here is a closer view, I can get better photos if you want:

closeup.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman