Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

xjaugie

Adventurer
Spent the weekend cleaning the truck. Doesn't look too bad all clean. Maybe I should do it more than once a year...LOL:REOutShootinghunter
95.5 Tacoma, OME, Bluelake offroad front bumper, Trail Gear sliders, BudBuilt skids, and new Cooper STTs 265/75/16s.

Clean-tacoma-with-new-Cooper-tires-e1380729929336.jpg

dlichterman

Explorer
Spent the weekend cleaning the truck. Doesn't look too bad all clean. Maybe I should do it more than once a year...LOL:REOutShootinghunter
95.5 Tacoma, OME, Bluelake offroad front bumper, Trail Gear sliders, BudBuilt skids, and new Cooper STTs 265/75/16s.

View attachment 188946

You'll love those STTs....that's what I have on my Tundra and they are nice and grippy - but a little loud on the freeway.

8610852121_15ab9d2969_c.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid

View attachment 188946

Mine usually doesn't get it very much either. I have treated it pretty good this summer though being off work.

xjaugie

Adventurer
Mine usually doesn't get it very much either. I have treated it pretty good this summer though being off work.

Best part is I'm off to play on the trail and in the mud this weekend to test the tires out. She won't look like much longer.

Helipilot77

This is my 1987 4runner SR5. For the most part the interior is done being restored. I swapped in a grey market 1KZ-te turbo deisel from 94' Prado. I also swapped in the Turbo R151-f 5-speed transmission out of an 87-88 turbo pickup. It has marlin dual cases behind it with 4.7:1 gears in the rear case. I custom built the front winch bumper and the rear bumper. I did a solid axle swap with marlin high steer bilstein shock and OME springs . My favorite feature right now is my newly built sleeping platform/drawer set-up, which was awesome when I took it to the rubicon last month for the Marlin Crawler Round-up.

null_zpsc1f08666.jpg

null-10.jpg

powerline2.jpg

powerline.jpg

null_zps9373d26b.jpg

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love the 1st gen. It's built but doesn't look like its overbuilt like I see a lot when guys go SA just to play on dirt roads cuz they don't have any rocks to actually play on. Lol

Helipilot77

Love the 1st gen. It's built but doesn't look like its overbuilt like I see a lot when guys go SA just to play on dirt roads cuz they don't have any rocks to actually play on. Lol

Originally I wanted to keep it stock height but found the ride rediculous lay harsh. So I went with the Old Man Emu springs. I love em so far. The ride is soft on the street but flexible on the trail.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Originally I wanted to keep it stock height but found the ride rediculous lay harsh. So I went with the Old Man Emu springs. I love em so far. The ride is soft on the street but flexible on the trail.

its hard to keep it as low as a factory SA truck. the hanger you use up from naturally gives you a 1 inch lift.

nevadajh

Observer
Well last week I converted from a 2012 Rubicon to my new 2013 TRD Offroad Double cab... Took it out for a test drive and was pleasantly surprised at how well it rode and handled on the trails. My future plan is to do a 3in lift 255/85/16's and just make it a fun commuter/camping rig.

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

nevadajh

Observer
wow, within a year you got out of a jeep and into a toyota. what made you drop the jeep?

I had put 39,500 miles on the Rubicon in less then two years. About 10,000 of that was off road. I began to have a lot of electrical issues such as dash warning lights all flashing randomly, my power windows would stop working randomly, and my ac/heater blower motor was beginning to make noise. I was pretty disappointed with the Jeep being so new and the many problems.

Another reason for the change was I found that I was needing the extra doors and cargo space in the bed. The truck can tow more and I can still go to all of the places I was going in my Jeep.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I had put 39,500 miles on the Rubicon in less then two years. About 10,000 of that was off road. I began to have a lot of electrical issues such as dash warning lights all flashing randomly, my power windows would stop working randomly, and my ac/heater blower motor was beginning to make noise. I was pretty disappointed with the Jeep being so new and the many problems.

Another reason for the change was I found that I was needing the extra doors and cargo space in the bed. The truck can tow more and I can still go to all of the places I was going in my Jeep.

if wont have any of those jeep issues with a taco. guess its true about all the wiring issues jeeps have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman