Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

2scars

Adventurer
Quick question to the experienced RTT fitted adventurers -

How much of a difference/hinderance in offroad performance does it make fitting a RTT above the cab compared to fitting it below cab height above the bed?

More so when in off camber offroading situations.....would the difference be between tipping over and not, or isnt there enough weight to make that much difference where you fit it......just wondering about the physics aspect of the extra weight,

cheers.

I have had it on a rack in the back so the tent was cab high, and also recently on a tradesmen style over the camper shell rack and it wasn't much of a difference OFF ROAD. On road it was much more noticeable, could have used a wind deflector of some sort, but not awful.

dubk_trd

Observer

400+ miles went exploring around Oklahoma

Attachments

• sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 59
  • oklahoa.jpg
    oklahoa.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 62
  • camping.jpg
    camping.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 54

bigdave75

Will work for Food!
Yeah it was Pacific City and I got that 4runner in the pic on purpose, just thought it looked cool. No photo bomb on this one but it is so foggy you cant see much!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 47

MCObray

Explorer
Yeah it was Pacific City and I got that 4runner in the pic on purpose, just thought it looked cool. No photo bomb on this one but it is so foggy you cant see much!

Good stuff. Whereabouts are you? I'm in the PDX area. Hope to catch you on a NF road or trail sometime soon!

Patrollife

Explorer
Guatemala with active volcanos
5ccd6e1115e685c86d711aed7776d062.jpg

f5c5584e2471a3d6560ea70efc413f7c.jpg
96adf860a78dbefc48dae25e403afea9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears