Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

juicebox

Adventurer
Went to Moab 20-29 March from VA - 4,500 miles round trip. I'm pretty proud of my open diff, IFS Tacoma and how it handled the obstacles. Not much these rigs won't take on. Gears and air lockers next on the list...

Any thoughts -- 4.88 or 5.29 for my 3RZ AT?

IMG_2570.jpg

Nice truck! This pic reminds me of a picture of CYi5's old tacoma.

as far as the gearing question, with you having the 4cyl and the AT, I would say 5.29s from what I have read. (on TTORA)

I know a few guys on TTORA that have the 4cyl AT combo running 33's or 285/75r16, or 255/85r16 and wished they got the 5.29s. all the people with the 4cyl-AT that have 5.29s like the setup.

I would talk to a gear shop like East Coast Gear Supply or something like that and ask them what you should do. From what I have read for gearing with 33s: 3.4 v6 manual- 4.56, 3.4 auto- 4.88, 4cyl manual-4.88, 4cyl auto- 5.29. At least that is what "hytenor" says on TTORA, and he seems like he knows his stuff. :confused:

I know when I plunk down 1200 bucks for a regear I am going to make sure that I am getting the right gears.

edit- here's a pic of my truck to keep everything on topic...

truck.jpg

Last edited:

BLKNBLU

Explorer
Update time. From post #372 of this thread. October '08
dsc02213ar1.jpg

And now. April '09
dsc02769tpd.jpg

Now to get some action shots. :truck:

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
Heres a recent pic of my hilux on a day out wheeling in the hills-
04042009574.jpg

04042009578.jpg

Was the first trip with my front ARB Locker installed and my high clearance front bashplate....both of which performed beatuifully and surprised me both with the extra clearance gained underneath and the traction available now when climbing up steep rocky and loose mountain tracks-

04042009580.jpg

04042009581.jpg

04042009586.jpg

Heres a short video of me going up a steep rocky section with locker engaged....idled up everything that day. The Landcruiser 80 behind me has a rear locker and 36" simex tyres and he stumbled at one point.

Im getting a Canopy for the rear tub/tray area this weekend, so being able to haul more gear when going away rather than having to drag a trailer along.

will update next week when Ive fitted her and given her a wash for a nice poser shot!

:victory:

E30RUNNER

Observer
I should have some pics of her getting dirty by the time June rolls around and I go on 1k+ road trip
anyway here she is

photo1.jpg

L1000505.jpg

L1000500.jpg

L1000497.jpg

Last edited:

T4Rfun

OK, I'll throw mine in as well. It's still a work in progress, but I've been having a lot of fun wheeling it and building it. A lot of good ideas came from this site as well as a few other Toyota based forums.

This is just after the build began. Suspension is Total Chaos mid travel kit up front (extended lower control arms with skid plates mounted, UCA, limiter strap, etc.) and complete lower, upper and panhard bar links in the rear. King coilovers front and King remote reservoir shocks rear with Icon Coils. Front and rear travel increased and articulation is awesome. Of course, Shrockworks bumper, PIAA lights and Shrockworks sliders also installed.

IMG_8115.jpg

DSC01006-1.jpg

A few more mods done here, including Goodyear MTR's, National Luna Dual battery system, BudBuilt stainless steel ski plates, National Luna 50L Weekender fridge, CB, Ham radio, Warn winch and synthetic winch line, oil filter relocation, diff breather extension, more...

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
OK, I'll throw mine in as well. It's still a work in progress, but I've been having a lot of fun wheeling it and building it. A lot of good ideas came from this site as well as a few other Toyota based forums.

This is just after the build began. Suspension is Total Chaos mid travel kit up front (extended lower control arms with skid plates mounted, UCA, limiter strap, etc.) and complete lower, upper and panhard bar links in the rear. King coilovers front and King remote reservoir shocks rear with Icon Coils. Front and rear travel increased and articulation is awesome. Of course, Shrockworks bumper, PIAA lights and Shrockworks sliders also installed.

IMG_8115.jpg

DSC01006-1.jpg

A few more mods done here, including Goodyear MTR's, National Luna Dual battery system, BudBuilt stainless steel ski plates, National Luna 50L Weekender fridge, CB, Ham radio, Warn winch and synthetic winch line, oil filter relocation, diff breather extension, more...

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg
My favorite truck, I love it.

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
Hers some updated vids from the trip I took with the pics on the last post....nothing too crazy, but the tracks were steep, rocky and loose......

TheOne

05 Taco prerunner

Here is mine no major addition undercover bed cover Yakima rack suspension tsb

Truck001.jpg

truck0021.jpg

Attachments

• Truck001.jpg
    Truck001.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads