Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

CYi5

Explorer
If you can see past the road grim and salt, here’s a picture with new 256/75 Cooper STs.

1262980338_tacomajan10snow03.jpg

Looove that green color :Wow1::drool:.

Cobra_R

Adventurer
Agreed! That color is awesome! I see the FJC now comes in a color like that except I think the FJC green color is more of an OD color.

ckblum

Hey I'm new here, just spent the some time scanning through the pics here checking out some really cool rigs. New to the whole expedition thing too, was more into rally and desert racing before but I think I wanna outfit my truck to explore more.

Here is a pic of my Toyota, it's all stock, can't decide what to do to it yet.

62541118163661345053411.jpg

cimg0848v.jpg

LongbowMick

ckblum, welcome aboard, I'm new here as well, I have a stock '94 ext-cab longbed, 22re.
I imagine most of the info given will apply to both of us.

Box Rocket

Thought I'd share a few pictures of my old trucks. I sold both of these a few years ago, but they might give some ideas to others. Both trucks were built more as rockcrawlers, but were also driven daily 60+ miles on the highway. Both were very comfortable and could have easily handled expedition travel. The Blue truck (named AquaVelva) had some nice secured storage in the bed for gear and was beginning to take shape for more overland travel until I had to sell it after losing my job.

Here's the basic specs.

1985 Reg Cab
22R
Weber Carb
stock 5-sp tranny
stock t-case
stock front axle with 4.88 gears
stock rear axle with 4.88 gears and lockright locker
5" Alcan springs
Bilstein 5100 shocks
u-bolt flips
Warn 8000 winch
Custom flatbed
35" tires
Homemade snorkel
Fiberglass fenders

This is how I bought it
minid.jpg

Turned into this
driversidefront.jpg

flatbed_b.jpg

flatbed_e.jpg

flatbed_d.jpg

rogermini_c.jpg

cargo basket and rear portion of cage was all removable allowing for an unobstucted flat deck if necessary.
cagerack-1.jpg

Box Rocket

The other one.........I miss this truck badly. It was sold to someone in Louisiana a few years ago so I guess its probably kickin around down south somewhere.

1993 Reg Cab
22RE
stock 5-sp tranny
Marlin Crawler Ultimate dual transfer case (220:1 crawl ratio)
Solid Axle Swap
Front Axle: 4.88 gears, Longfields, chromo inners, ARB locker
Rear Axle: 4.88 gears, ARB locker
All-Pro 5" springs
Bilstein 5150 shocks
TJM front bumper
Custom rollbar, sliders, and rear bumper
CO2 tank
35" tires
Honda Bucket seats
Fiberglass fenders

wheels2-1.jpg

RS_flex.jpg

RS_dirt.jpg

RS_2t.jpg

After a light rain, just enough to make it a muddy mess....
IMG_0019.jpg

Here you can see some Mil Surplus boxes I used in the bed. Large waterproof medical box in the center, two smaller ammo boxes in either corner. Full size spare, Axle/shovel fire extinguisher and CO2 tank. Oh and what's left of my lunch :)
IMG_0020.jpg

ckblum

I was just wondering if there is like a build/gear guide on here anywhere? I'm new to the whole expedition thing so I don't really know how to get started, what gear I should get first and the best mods to do to my Toyota Pickup?

I guess this isn't the best place to ask but I'm not really sure where to ask this.

EDIT: Maybe I will just start a build thread on my truck and ask there. Any info is still appreciated though, thanks.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I was just wondering if there is like a build/gear guide on here anywhere? I'm new to the whole expedition thing so I don't really know how to get started, what gear I should get first and the best mods to do to my Toyota Pickup?

I guess this isn't the best place to ask but I'm not really sure where to ask this.

EDIT: Maybe I will just start a build thread on my truck and ask there. Any info is still appreciated though, thanks.

Look through the builds on this page for someone with a similar truck. Basically, how you build your truck is dictated by how you're going to use it and what your needs are. There is a load of great information here and we don't have any trouble helping you spend your money. There won't be any hard feelings if you borrow some ideas. We post our builds up here to share what we have done.

RU55ELL

Explorer
Those are FZJ-80 wheels. The bumper looks like a Marlin without a stinger. Or maybe Sonoran?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger