Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Derek24

Explorer
Derek, are you planning to swap our 285s for 265s on your Tundra? Just curious as to why?

BTW...I'm jealous of the beautiful scenery in your pictures.

No, I bought a 2008 Tacoma Regular Cab and I'm looking at tires/lift for it. Thats what I was refering to. I went that route before on my Tundra (285's back to 265's) because I wanted more power, but the look was not right, so I bought JBA Headers and an intake and went back to 285's (my setup now)!!

tacoma_AL

Adventurer
Here is my 98 Tacoma that i'm working on
IMG_0532.jpg

Trying to figure out if i need an extended brake line....still has a little slack but going to order one next week anyways
IMG_0533.jpg

Hope to have some pictures from an outing soon. I'm itching to really test her out

tacoma_AL

Adventurer
Love the OME so much more over stock TRD suspension. Great manners even with no sway bar on the front. 882's up front and ToyTec long AAL that is not shot so i'm looking into getting a full pack from Allpro or Deaver, still undecided and to little funds. Haven't done anything really that has really tested the flex or hard off-roading to see how it handles yet though

Derek24

Explorer
Love the OME so much more over stock TRD suspension. Great manners even with no sway bar on the front. 882's up front and ToyTec long AAL that is not shot so i'm looking into getting a full pack from Allpro or Deaver, still undecided and to little funds. Haven't done anything really that has really tested the flex or hard off-roading to see how it handles yet though

Cool thanks! I think I've made up my mind!:victory:

WxMan

Adventurer
I'm desperate to pack up and go somewhere but it being the dead of winter up here and a new puppy at home mean I'm stymied for a few more months. Bring on spring!

Go4Lo

Explorer
No, I bought a 2008 Tacoma Regular Cab and I'm looking at tires/lift for it. Thats what I was refering to. I went that route before on my Tundra (285's back to 265's) because I wanted more power, but the look was not right, so I bought JBA Headers and an intake and went back to 285's (my setup now)!!

Wow a 2008 Tacoma....sounds like a nice ride. I look forward to pics of it. So how do you like driving it compared to the Tundra? I sometimes have thoughts of replacing my Tundra for a 4 door late model Tacoma for the added room and 4 real doors, but it's hard to give up the v8. :smiley_drive:

EricBirk

Adventurer
Some random photos of my truck during its travels...

5493100954_3ef40bd408_b.jpg

5493077154_5f09de2bfd_b.jpg

5492500863_1d5a0567ff_b.jpg

5493149446_2d93731f96_b.jpg

5493117004_219da5de20_b.jpg

5492528341_2a38ab82ce_b.jpg

You wouldnt have been in Princeton eating early afternoon July 19 last year would you?

We pulled in after finishing Whipsaw and saw a white Taco with a color matched ARB in the lot. Not to common.

WxMan

Adventurer
I was in Princeton in September last year but not July. I guess there must be a few colour matched ARB's around.

Derek24

Explorer
Wow a 2008 Tacoma....sounds like a nice ride. I look forward to pics of it. So how do you like driving it compared to the Tundra? I sometimes have thoughts of replacing my Tundra for a 4 door late model Tacoma for the added room and 4 real doors, but it's hard to give up the v8. :smiley_drive:

Yeah I was'nt planning on getting it, but it was listed 5k under blue book, clean title and everything, so I had to get it. So far I like it. Being only three years old and only 30K on the clock it definately has the new factor that I missed from the Tundra. Biggest thing is the size. There's really no room inside the cab as expected, but width wise its very similar to the Tundra. It does turn on a dime through, its like driving a jeep. Not as fast, and I'm missing the V8 sound everyday, but it gets up and goes. Plus I'm getting like 25mpg stock, but that will change soon! I like my Tundra, it being 11yrs old and 130K+ miles it runs great and has never let me down. Just have to decide which to keep...

MiniTaco.jpg

I really like the fact too that there is so much aftermarket support for Tacoma's and thats a big factor in keeping it. I've always liked the older 4 door Tacoma's. The real doors are nice, but they are skinny. If you can affoard 05+ Tacoma's the added power and sze I think would be a better fit.

tacoma_AL

Adventurer
WxMan thanks for making me homesick now :( But those are some great pictures and can't wait to make another trip back

someday i'm gonna buy one of those tacoma.

Fire Trucks For Sale

Now i feel like i need to buy a firetruck, not like i don't get enough of them at work :rolleyes: lol

Yeah I was'nt planning on getting it, but it was listed 5k under blue book, clean title and everything, so I had to get it. So far I like it. Being only three years old and only 30K on the clock it definately has the new factor that I missed from the Tundra. Biggest thing is the size. There's really no room inside the cab as expected, but width wise its very similar to the Tundra. It does turn on a dime through, its like driving a jeep. Not as fast, and I'm missing the V8 sound everyday, but it gets up and goes. Plus I'm getting like 25mpg stock, but that will change soon! I like my Tundra, it being 11yrs old and 130K+ miles it runs great and has never let me down. Just have to decide which to keep...

MiniTaco.jpg

I really like the fact too that there is so much aftermarket support for Tacoma's and thats a big factor in keeping it. I've always liked the older 4 door Tacoma's. The real doors are nice, but they are skinny. If you can affoard 05+ Tacoma's the added power and sze I think would be a better fit.

Looks sharp Derek...sounds like you got a good deal being 5k under BB. Only thing about a single cab and why i didn't get one was cab space and now im wanting a double cab for more room but still want the bed space ggaahhhh its driving me crazy. Can't wait to start seeing the build if you keep it :drool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78