Shower floor in the field?

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
I use natural materials from wherever I may be at the time; conifer boughs, broad deciduous leaves, flat slabs of stone, row of sticks/logs, cattails/river cane, willow branches, etc. Lots of options in nearly every environment!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
That is a ridiculous amount of money.

So are Land Cruisers, Ural's and Porsche. We all have our vices and when I can support a forum member and at the same time purchase something that will literally last a lifetime, the price is fair ;)

Xterabl

Adventurer
"last a lifetime"? really?
Actually a $5 rubber door mat will last longer than that.
supporting the expo community is great...we are all for it.
but the businesses need to know where there is a market and where there is not a market, and operate accordingly.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
"last a lifetime"? really?
Actually a $5 rubber door mat will last longer than that.
supporting the expo community is great...we are all for it.
but the businesses need to know where there is a market and where there is not a market, and operate accordingly.

He is not having a problem selling them rather keeping then in stock... I'd say he has the market sorted ;)

Look, I'm not trying to convince anyone that they are the end all solution, options are king. Personally I'm always willing to spend more to buy a hand-built product that supports the community. The "lifetime"comment was in regards to the link 1911 posted, the second review claimed they are fragile and if it's the same as those sold at Target and others, I'd agree.

kpredator

Adventurer
we use our croc"s for bucket showers,also when using campground showers.
been to a few really nasty ablution blocks.

good luck

kp

I use this roll up wood mat. Effective at keeping me off the dirt, easy to wash off and it rolls up small for transport.

I bought it on Amazon for about $30.
Premium Teak String Tile Quick Click in 16" X 24"

I am sure you could make one yourself for less if you wanted to.

Wood Mat.jpg

Brian1

Observer
I made my own a few years ago out of a leftover redwood fence post, nylon rope and small pieces of plastic electrical conduit. Didn't cost me anything but time.

Attachments

• m_DSC02848.jpg
    m_DSC02848.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 110
  • m_DSC02851.jpg
    m_DSC02851.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 97

rayra

Expedition Leader
used to pack along one of those 5gal solar shower bags on field exercises in the Marines. Used an old school rubber shower mat, the kind with suction cups on the bottom. nice and thick. When stored I'd roll the shower bag up then wrap the mat around it, made a nice protective case for the shower bag. It was very flexible and the whole bundle rolled up very tight.

It was in there somewhere -

clampett.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears