Sideways slide base for Dometic chest refrigerator (CFX-40W)

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
We have a Dometic CFX-40W that we are putting in our Unimog expedition truck. We are looking for a slide base that allows us to slide the refrigerator sideways. We like the design of the normal Dometic CFX‑SLD3540 slide, but it slides the refrigerator the long direction and that will not work for our application.

I've done a bunch of googling, but haven't found much. I can make a custom one, but I'd rather just purchase a sideways slide if one exists.

Anyone our there know of an aftermarket sideways slide? Anyone out there make their own sideways slide?

Thanks,
Michael

rudee13

no affiliation just happened to remember the post
b75a9132f19a9587e4676ff371c7af3a.jpg
98692a4c6bf943453be88171aab1a72a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the links!

These seem like really good options. I'll take a careful look and report back.

Thanks!
Michael

Coachgeo

Explorer
Never really understood the hoopla of fancy drawer sliders except for when sliding it from inside to outside of rig. When inside and have option of designing your own setup.. just put it at damn floor level and use good ol' appliance sliders and save hundreds of dollars. Those sliders are so damn expensive the money you save will almost pay for a whole trip somewhere and back. (half way there in my truck lol) ok. so I'm a cheap but practical bastard.

Appliance roller around 50$
Furniture slider around 10$

Last edited:

rudee13

I think in some applications like mine, I have to slide fridge out of back fj to open lid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
We are open to other options (like using a RV compressor fridge), but we already have the CFX-40W, it's quite efficient, and it fits nicely in our floor-plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78