Sierra 4x4 suspension help

SantaFe_Carlos

Does anyone know what shock absorber Sierra 4x4 uses on there trailers? I have a shock that needs to be replaced and need to figure out the correct replacement. I have tried Sierra directly but have not received a response.

Thanks

Carlos

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Not sure what they use, but if you can measure it (extended and collapsed) you can check it against a shock chart. In many cases that style trailer use a shock that crosses to an early CJ.

SantaFe_Carlos

An update. I heard back from Chris from Sierra, The shock that they are using is a Pro Comp ES3000 P/N EXP314509. I wanted to post this in case any other sierra owners need in the future to replace a broken shock.

Carlos

SantaFe_Carlos

I am not really sure what caused the shock to fail? Maybe just a defect in the shock itself? Last trip with the trailer was out to Fruita Colorado for mountain biking. The road out to Fruita is a couple of miles of dirt road with washboard its high speed for a couple of miles. The next stop on this trip was out to Moab Utah for more mountain biking. The road out to the place we camped was rough washboard as well. Could have been the high speed through the washboard that caused its failure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle