Sierra Expeditions 2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab for sale, Portland Oregon.

aclark79

Hello all, my name is Aaron.

Sold!

I've lurked here for a long time, but this is my first post. Long story short I bought Sierra Expeditions 2001 White Toyota back in 2011 and have enjoyed it immensely, but it's time for a different route. I'm going to import or buy locally a Volvo tgb 1111 or C303 and get a city car for driving around (something with better millage and where I'm not worried about wheeling and breaking my daily driver!)

So I'm putting up my truck for sale. I'm currently overseas at work, so I don't have the exact millage or the most current pictures, something I will correct once I get home.

Here is the build up thread done by Will, owner of Sierra Expeditions. Not everything in the build up was on the truck when it was sold, I've listed the items on the truck, please ask if there is any confusion.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121406

The truck is in great shape, but I have used it and it hasn't sat in the garage the whole time. There are the normal dings and bumps one would associate with being used. I will happily provided tons of photos to any interested buyer once I get back to the US on April 20th.

http://aclark79.smugmug.com/4x4/4x4/i-LSdptkC

Make: Toyota
Model: Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
Year: 2001
Millage: a little over 182k

Engine: 3.4L, normally aspirated
Trans: Auto
T-Case: Stock
Front Axle: El Stock-o IFS, SAW 2.5
Rear Axle: Bilstein 5125 shocks, Electric Locker

Additional Modifications:
Shrockworks Front Bumper with:
  • LightForce 240 Lights
  • PIAA 510's
  • T-Max 9000 competition winch (broken)
SAW Racerunner 2.5 coilovers
Safari Snorkel
Dual Battery system, IBS dual battery system with RBM
Scangauge II
Yeasu FT-7800, head unit mounted in ceiling linner, and speaker, Larson Hood mount.
Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio in the ash tray location, w/ 'lil Wil Mag mount antenna.
CBI offroad Expedition rear bumper, jerry can tire carrier and shovel mount
7 Pin trailer harness
OME Nitrocharger sport rear shocks
OME Dakar Rear springs with Dakar AAL
All Pro greasable shackles
5 tires (BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A) on black ProComp Aluminum wheels (five)
Demello Bolt-on Sliders
Spray in bed-liner
Grey wire mod (use e-locker at any time)
Extended rear breather
Vision X LED rock Lights (attached but no controller)
CanBack with snap extenders (in poor condition)
ARB 50QT fridge w/ Fridge Slide (does not currently have a power port to plug into)
Extremeaire Air Compressor with tank
LED Backup lights.
The backup camera is mounted to the spare tire carrier and comes on when in reverse.

Included are also various repair manuals, recovery straps, the winch controller (remote and plug in), ARB tire plug kit and such.

Professionally rewired electronics through out done by NW Landcruiser, Portland Oregon. All switches replaced, moved to the lower left dash and all parts except the winch are working again.

Head gasket repaired / replaced.

Recent tune up, oil changes and filters changed.

The good:

The build up on this truck was, other than some of the wiring, excellent. Check out the build up thread to see the quality of work done. This has not changed.

I've maintained the truck, the wiring was redone professionally so now the battery isn't dying once a month. Truck has always been on a charger when I was overseas at work (one month at home one month at work).

I've taken most of the decals off, I'm at work now so I don't have a current picture (sorry). The mountain side and the hood compass are still there.

2007 Expedition Trophy Winner.

The bad switches were pulled and professionally replaced.

The bad:

The winch corroded and doesn't work, needs to be replaced.

The head gasket blew and was repaired (I have all the paperwork and the engine is working fine now).

The under cameras stopped working and were removed.

The rock light controller was removed, the lights are still there if someone wanted to use them.

The front left piece that goes under the headlight fell out again... I haven't replaced it again.

The black spray paint on the grill has continued to chip off due to normal wear and tear.

The red jerry can in the pictures is totally rusted out inside. The custom holder doesn't fit a NATO can.

The good/bad:

The canvas top has continued to shrink due to time. I had snap extenders built at the local sail shop so all the snaps snap, except for one which snaps but is a pain the the but. The canvas top condition will continue to degrade over time.

Please check out the build up thread, it's a great truck and will make someone very happy.

Asking $14,000 or reasonable offer. I am happy to provide many pictures for a prospective buyer so you can buy with confidence. I'm also happy to take it to a shop of your choice in Portland for an inspection.

Before decal removal

IMG_0005-X2.jpg

IMG_0009-L.jpg

After decal removal

Photo%20Feb%2020%2C%2015%2014%2007-X2.jpg

IMG_0473-X2.jpg

IMG_0450-X2.jpg

IMG_0458-X2.jpg

IMG_0470-X2.jpg

IMG_0480-X2.jpg

IMG_0485-X2.jpg

IMG_0487-X2.jpg

IMG_0489-X2.jpg

IMG_0490-X2.jpg

IMG_0508-X2.jpg

IMG_0504-X2.jpg

-Aaron

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am not a fan of Toyotas, but that one is SWEEEEETTTTTT. GLWS. Looks like a sorted adventure mobile!

aclark79

Thank you Kojack, it's pretty well sorted, more so than I've gotten out of it.

I don't know why I put the compressor wasn't installed, it is and it's working fine. I've edited the post.

Last edited:

taco_tay

Adventurer
I am very interested!! I live in montana. Where are you located? Toyota inspected my 2000 tacoma yesterday for the rusted frame extended warranty and didn't pass. So now I'm in a rental car waiting for news of a check from Toyota. I've been a long time fan of your rig and would love to own it. Anyway I can text you for more info?

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I don't know about the history of the truck, but I've known Aaron for about 10 years and he is a stand up guy. Good luck with the sale!

I'm back in Oregon on the 9th if you need a hand with something until you're back too.

aclark79

Thanks Brian, didn't know you were back in town. I need to get more photos, inside and out, but it can wait until I get back to Portland.

mk216v, thanks for the bump. I used to live right across from Wilson in the condo's, now I'm up in St. Johns and you might have seen it downtown on the weekend. Def not getting as much use as she should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger