Single burner propane stove that can handle full time on the road!

NVLOC

Observer
These are the others i had found:

Not bad.

This one seems more solid/simple and price
Is right. Large dimensions though.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Gas One 3900 model, about $60, uses butane and propane and puts out 15K BTU for the win both in price and output.

Last edited:

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
That looks like a quality unit there! I didn't know they built a single burner model. That's ideal!

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Partner for the win. Get the field repair kit. Mine has unintentionally floated a rapid and fired up just fine an hour later. Buy once cry once!

sackettmw

I've been using a Coleman bottle top stove for years. Carried stuffed in an army surplus bag with a couple of propane bottles. It has spent months on the road a countless weekend trips. Used inside and out with cast iron or regular camp pots. I have an aluminum folding table with a hole in that it can drop into and a spot on my rear rack it can drop into. Also use it just standing on the bottle.

https://www.coleman.com/grills-stov.../bottle-top-propane-stove/SAP_2000038235.html

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I just caught up on all the replies. We're still in Baja so I'm still in research mode before pulling the trigger. In the meantime we picked up a small Truper Expert butane/propane stove in La Paz to get us through. I like it and man does it boil water fast. We haven't been able to connect it to our propane tank yet though because fitting here in Mexico are a bit different.

This little stove really has me thinking though!

WOODY2

Adventurer
I just caught up on all the replies. We're still in Baja so I'm still in research mode before pulling the trigger. In the meantime we picked up a small Truper Expert butane/propane stove in La Paz to get us through. I like it and man does it boil water fast. We haven't been able to connect it to our propane tank yet though because fitting here in Mexico are a bit different.

This little stove really has me thinking though!
Propane will make it heat faster.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I'm back with an update. We attended overland expo west in part to see what the stove offerings were. Slightly disappointing as it was only butane only offerings other than the cook partner.

We ended up with the single burner cook partner. So far, it's just OK. I like how indestructible it is which is good for living on the road full time. Fit and finish is just OK. The grate doest quite fit in straight so it takes a little forcing to get the top closed or open. The squiggly wind holder things leave a lot to be desired. We've now gotten used to no ignitor but feel for the price that is something that could easily be integrated. And we wish the hose that came with it was longer or that you'd have an option to get the hose length of your choice when buying....3ft is not long enough to reach our countertop easily.

I know we can purchase another hose of whatever length, and I've read through the cook partner megathread on modifying and adding an ignitor. But for the price point I think it's a bit lacking.

Will we stick with it? Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior