Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Just measured mine. I'm using the 90-degree ell and 1-1/4" hose. It sticks out just a hair under 3" with the threads bottomed out in the tank so your estimate is right on. Maybe could use a PVC reduced then a smaller diameter ell (should stick out less) but then your fill hose would be smaller too.

ABS tanks allow for easy addition of custom fittings with ABS glue. Valterra makes the only ones I am familiar with (check Amazon).
Thanks! And I was looking at 1.5" hose....

None of the abs tanks worked in the size and shape I needed.

There is a 30 gallon tank that's on 30 " long, I guess that's likely going to be the good choice. I just don't like the shape as much

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Went and actually handled the 36" tank.... Its 1/2" too big sadly.

I did find this tank though..... Why is it so cheap?? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MSLA84/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1W9T1VHESHHDF&coliid=ICR6FNJ4TEAST

Got to let my inner OCD out last night. Wiring is coming along. I have a couple more circuits to run though.

33127229006_0e014b8d48_b.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
OK ill take opinions here too, heater intake (its a webasto/espar), currently it just sticks below the floor. Do I need to pipe it further down? I was thinking maybe adding a 90 to it aiming backwards so no road spray gets in, but its in a pretty protected spot.

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
That's seems like a good price on that water tank. I just looked at that sellers website and the prices are even lower - maybe they get you on shipping though. Worth a look. Don't know anything about the company but Amazon reviews look good enough.

java

Expedition Leader
That's seems like a good price on that water tank. I just looked at that sellers website and the prices are even lower - maybe they get you on shipping though. Worth a look. Don't know anything about the company but Amazon reviews look good enough.

I don't know why I didn't even look at their site.... Tank ordered!! Prices on their site under "NO SHIPPING" water tanks include shipping. 70.99 for the 30 gallon.

stayalert

Observer
I'm no expert on the heater intake but I know they make some noise - there is prob. a muffler avail. for the intake and for the exhaust....Also you may want to run it while under way....if that's the case you def. want it to be sucking clean air and not road mist....etc...

java

Expedition Leader
I'm no expert on the heater intake but I know they make some noise - there is prob. a muffler avail. for the intake and for the exhaust....Also you may want to run it while under way....if that's the case you def. want it to be sucking clean air and not road mist....etc...

Yeah we will see, I likely wont run it under way. I know they make an exhaust muffler, but I have not seen an intake silencer for the webasto. I have seen one for a competitor tho... I dont think it will be any worse than our old 40k btu RV style one....

java

Expedition Leader
Put a K&N on the intake, free horsepowers and all filters come with a steeker that you can put on your van to give them free advertising :D

In all seriousness, something like an air compressor intake muffler:

https://www.amazon.com/Solberg-FS-06-050-Filter-Silencer-Diameter/dp/B00H43L16I

or a diff breather in 9mm or 10mm

https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-3992-Breather-Filter/dp/B00062ZI7M
Hmmmm compressor silencer may work, need a 1" one tho. I am going to see how it is without it first

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Heater intake screen built. Should keep any road splash out, and keep critters out....

33018899862_f67de1433d_b.jpg

Final wall panel went in. Was planning two pieces.... Did it in one instead so my hole was off a bit. Trim will cover it. Second dinette bench is in. I am thinking I may pull it back out and shrink it another 1/2"....
32344117764_56322f103f_b.jpg

The UPS guy must love me.... And I have a very forgiving wife for letting me pile parts in the house. Thats the tank for the heater, 3 gallons, will be mounted outside.
32344118034_cfd5b8b370_b.jpg

Poop tank and parts are in.
32344116574_c5083b1949_b.jpg

Tried this floor, not doing it for me... It was the only "grey ish" one that was in stock at HD. Will see what else I can find.
32373944353_6a352b0f46_b.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
I getting tired!

Underlayment going down. Green and red is the same stuff, I just had a piece of the green left and it fit just right there.
33043914862_ca04b80a3e_b.jpg

Here is where I quit last night. Found some flooring we liked finally. Its a vinyl plank with a "foam" core. Claims to be water proof.
33043914032_82f8eb984c_b.jpg

Question on Inveter sizing.

My inverter is rated at 1250 watts, it says it can go 200% for short periods of time (but no real spec)

My coffee maker draws 1260 watts. (Im not sure if its 1260 all the time or not, need to plug it into the kill a watt to find out, im guessing not)

Think this will work or do I need to shop for a larger one???

Last edited:
This is turning out a lot nicer than most of the motel rooms I've stayed in. You could probably pay for it all by renting it out as a room in your driveway on AirBnB:)

java

Expedition Leader
This is turning out a lot nicer than most of the motel rooms I've stayed in. You could probably pay for it all by renting it out as a room in your driveway on AirBnB:)

Thanks! Its definitely a thought, but then again the poop tank is for my family's poop and my family only! :sombrero: somehow that makes it better.

Wife wants to take it out on Saturday, I have A LOT of work ahead of me. Need to finish floor, get the heater wired and plumbed, kitchen cabinet in, at least get the 12V wiring done to the batteries, install and plumb the black tank, install toilet and vent line and the bed put together.

java

Expedition Leader
Late night last night... Didn't take many pics.

Finished up the floor
32837773560_070db460c5_b.jpg

Kitchen cabinet in (well mostly in...)
32405813063_8394ac0a56_b.jpg

32376495184_d1766e6274_b.jpg

About 30 hours till departure....ouy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman