Skots 7.3L E350 home built camper van

robert

Expedition Leader
I'd highly recommend either putting vapor barrier over that fiberglass insulation or switching to something that won't absorb moisture. You give off a lot moisture just breathing and cooking in the van will add a lot more. be sure you treat any interior rust issues as you go or they will get worse after you start sleeping in it.

skot433

Observer
IF they are aftermarket, then it's anyone's guess. I would start with the obvious. The top one looks to have power from the battery? My guess would be the lift or the aftermarket A/C. I would play around with the different accessories with the ignition over on run and listen for the relays to switch when a button is pushed or switch thrown.
I figured out that the top one is the relay for the interior lights, I'm still learning about the basics of automotive electronics.. the other two, I'm still not sure about, one of them went to a switch that sent power to the motorized step I removed. I cant get them to trip however... I guess I'll mess with them later...

I'd highly recommend either putting vapor barrier over that fiberglass insulation or switching to something that won't absorb moisture. You give off a lot moisture just breathing and cooking in the van will add a lot more. be sure you treat any interior rust issues as you go or they will get worse after you start sleeping in it.
Thanks for the tip, I honestly hadn't considered the chance of the insulation absorbing moisture, I realized after reinstalling all the interior panels, that I'm going to have to remove them again to run some electrical wiring and some plumbing... When I pull it all out, I'll put each piece of insulation inside a heavy duty trash bag, whamo, moisture barrier insulation....

skot433

Observer
Update...

Have been busy working and using Vanna. We've been to Yosemite twice and she is a breeze to drive. Tons of power and 20.3 mph. Couldn't be happier.

Since my last post I've installed a 16 gallon water tank, 12v pump and a 2.5 gallon gray water tank.

I've also relocated the brd to the rear of the van and modified the bed to convert into a double.

I'll post pics soon.

skot433

Observer
heres some pics of the latest mods to Vanna

16 gallon water tank...
P1100377.jpg

P1100378.jpg

P1100380.jpg

bed mod, converting the single bed into a folding double...
with the help of my 10 year old...
P1100381.jpg

P1100382.jpg

P1100383.jpg

P1100384.jpg

P1100385.jpg

P1120398.jpg

P1120399.jpg

89s rule

Adventurer
awesome to see someone so young taking interest in this stuff and also helping and working on it. Continuing to follow your build!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hard to tell what we're looking at.... all I can make out is the battery box. Maybe back up the camera so we can see more?

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Looks like it may be MOR Ryde suspension.
http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/suspension/rs-suspension-system-41.html

rs_suspension.jpg

skot433

Observer
Ujoint...
It's the rear mount of the rear pass side leaf spring...
It's a pair of rubber elastomers, one has torn...

McZipp...

Thanks so much...! That's The manufacturer...
Looking at the site I discovered its the RL suspension system...
I never would have found it, thanks sooooo much.
Hopefully I can get new rubber and bolt them on for an easy fix....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78