Skots 7.3L E350 home built camper van

skot433

Observer
Quick update...
Emailed MOR over the weekend, got a response a few minutes ago.
Parts are ordered and on their way.. Parts are set to arrive Wednesday, in time for me to change out before our departure Thursday night....!!
Thanks again for the help...!

Ujoint,
Will 2008 front seats fit my 2001 van??

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Good deal, glad you got it figured out. The seats should fit, but I haven't done it myself to give you a 100% yes or no.

Gvan

Observer
On the seats you might have to use you seat bases under the newer seats.
The bases changed in 2007 but ads for the seats even from a 2012 say they fit back to 1996.
The seat bases seem to be 1992-95, then 1996-2006, then 2007-2012 but I am not sure exactly what changed

Thanks for posting your project....

skot433

Observer
Got a 'new' passenger seat, not exactly sure what year it is... It's definitely an updated seat compared to the haggard stock driver seat that I've got.
The new seat bolted right in.
One more thing to mark off the list.
Hopefully the new rear 'spring' will arrive tomorrow.

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Ujoint...
McZipp...

Thanks so much...! That's The manufacturer...
Looking at the site I discovered its the RL suspension system...
I never would have found it, thanks sooooo much.
Hopefully I can get new rubber and bolt them on for an easy fix....

Glad you got it figured out...
FWIW...When I spec'ed out our Ford E350 Limo-Conversion/Expo-Van/Walmart-Camper/Adventure-Bus, checked into Mor-Ryde but was concerned about the rubber elastomer's longevity on the many miles of high-speed rough/corrugated roads we pound out. I drove a Limo-Cutaway E350 with Mor-Ryde and they do help a lot to smooth the ride.

skot433

Observer
Zip,
My van has 200k+ miles on it and the elastomers just now failed on the passenger side, and they may have failed by my own doing...
In the spring replacement PDF that's avalible on MOR's website they state the exhaust pipe should be 2" away to prevent heat transfer and the exhaust shouldn't blow directly on the rubber spring, for it can cause premature failure...
Well... My van had the exhaust piped from the passenger side all the way over to the driver side. It had a lot of extra bends to make that possible, to improve flow I cut the exhaust just aft the drive axle on the passenger side, fully intending to pipe it outside the van just aft the rear wheel, it currently blows all the exhaust directly on the rubber springs.. I didn't think it was a pressing issue so I let finishing the exhaust move down the to do list... And it's now cost me $120 for a new elastomer...
The van goes to the muffler shop today to have a 90* exhaust tip welded on to finish the exhaust and prevent any future problems for the new elastomers...

The MOR system does make for a nice smooth ride.. The van drives beautifully.

skot433

Observer
Been busy out climbing and enjoying Vanna and all the hard work thats gone into her... keep an eye out for a update on the latest builds

Latetobrake

Van is looking good. How is the water tank holding up, and is there anything you would change about it? Keep up the good work.

skot433

Observer
Sorry for the lengthy absence. Life gets in the way sometimes.

I had a small problem with the straps I used to mount to tank not being able to support the weight of a full water tank. 16galx8lbs=128lbs.
I have since completely reworked the tank support. I fabricated a galvanized steel frame and support pan for the water tank. I'll dig up some pics to show the update

I also have done lots of mods and changes since my last posts. I've also got tons of new projects in the works. Big changes are on the horizon.

arz

Adventurer
plenum: basically a box with air in it. intake plenum? heater box plenum? need more specifics

skot433

Observer
Well, it's listed as a part on a bill.
'plenum hose and clamp kit $407.95'.
I called the shop, the mechanic said its a intake hoses, and yet no hoses appear to be new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger