Sky's Dbl Cab Taco

Skyman85

NEWB
What did you do to your hood, that looks AWESOME! One of the things I've been contemplating is truckbeding the bathtub region, all the silver on the grill, and the hood. Your selective work looks even better and probably helps with glare. The white hood can really kick off some glare too!

I got it from crawlarado it was 70 bucks plus shipping, its a flat black 3M vinyl that is made specifically to fit the tacoma hood lines. Took maybe 1 hour to install, mostly tideous work making sure its lined up properly to the lines on the hood. I plan using a truck liner on the grille and bumpers to decrome. Waytoo cold here in MN to do that now. But first on the list come spring. An idea if you dont want to spend 70 bucks is maybe plasti dip the hood. I have heard good things about this product from friends. May take a little more prep work but it would be customizable to how ever you want it laid out on the hood and you could remove it easier if you dont like it. Food for thought.

Skyman85

NEWB
Well its been awhile since I posted havent done too much work on the truck. But have a few mods complete and in progress. I have put on the softopper which i love. Its ease of use is great can take it off in under 5mins and put it back on in the same amount of time. As for keeping things dry I still have to attach velcro to the front and back to make it more water proof. But plan on bed-lining so i will wait for that. I'm halfway through with my satoshi grill mod, i still need to cut the perforated mesh and then assemble. Last weekend i found the AR Teflon rims for a heck of a deal on craigslist for almost new condition for 400 bucks! I love craigslist. In the works for August are custom rock sliders and rear bumper.

IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg

Skyman85

NEWB
Things are coming along nicely. Bedlined the front for the grill and did a satoshi mod.
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1121.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg
Finally got started on the rock sliders and rear bumper
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1177.JPG
Removable Sliders that left the truck frame undrilled. Which is nice because the warranty will not be void.
IMG_1205.JPG
Bumper making some nice progress will have a two jerry can mount on the other side, tube protection wrapping around the sides to protect the body panels, and a trailer hitch. Hopefully all to be completed this weekend just in time for my Black Hills trip on the 9th.

Skyman85

NEWB
Added some new rubber 285 85 16 and OME heavy lift

Before lift
IMG_1459.jpg
After lift
IMG_1627.jpg

Also added some comms for the trail Yaesu 2900
IMG_1630.jpgIMG_1632.jpg

Last edited:

Skyman85

NEWB
It's been awhile since I've really done anything. But in preparation for a trip to Montana I'll be having some updates to the truck. The last two weekends work has been a new bed rack with toolboxes.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman