Slide tray info

Gator

Adventurer
I'm planning on building another bed. This will be my third bed and I have some new ideas I want to make life easier. One of the things I have noticed after years of wheeling and building, is the need to make things accessible. I know you guys are well aware of this hurdle. One of the things I came up with was a trunk in the floor. While not easy to get to when loaded, I put things like spare parts that I would not (or at least hope not) use every trip out. Worked well enough, but I would love to be able to store more common use items there as well. So what I have thought of is the sliding tray used on many pick up trucks. Here is where I need some help. The idea is to mount the tray, and when I need to access the trunk, I would only need to slide the tray back. I'm looking for a tray that uses sliders that would still allow access to the trunk/tub which happens to be 40"x30"+/- 40"being the width. I just don't want the slide mechanism blocking access. The other requirements I'm looking for are that the tray/sliders are able to hold 500# extended and 800# locked in place while traveling. I'm not above building the tray itself, but I'm very concerned about which sliders to use. Thanks for the help.
Lator......

Gator

Adventurer
Ok, I'll start slower, what slide system is better for rough road and extremely dirty enviroments, roller bearing or ball bearing?
Lator......

quickfarms

Adventurer
I have looked into the bed sliders and even designed several systems, but none of them got off the drafting board due to all the wasted space that resulted from the systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears