Slo going M416 build

slosurfer

Adventurer
Took the trailer on its first trip with the Tacoma. Man was it nice, pulling it with something that had some power. The Tacoma pulled it great through Tioga Pass, which for those that have done it, coming up Tioga Pass from 395 is a killer. My only complaint is that the rear suspension is way too soft, I was in no way overloaded on weight or tongue weight, but it seemed to bottom out way more than it should. In this regards, the 4runner with its stock fj80 coils did way better.

Apparently this is the only pic of it hooked up to the Tacoma
IMG_6256.jpg

They look good together at camp
IMG_6039.jpg

I have to admit, the trailer looks a little more junky towed behind the taco compared to it towed behind the 4runner. In the words of Yoko, "But it is very nice looking" :D

slosurfer

Adventurer
The el cheapo bed mat did a great job of cutting down on the noise and protecting the bottom of the ice chest, water container, and everything else while vibrating and bouncing around in there. I gave it a good workout on the worst 3 miles of paved road that I have been on in awhile (the road from 120 to Tamarack Flat Campground in Yosemite).

The XL Quick Fist held the propane tank just fine. The strap combined with the spare tire strapped to the front of it, that tank did not move at all. The only pain was that I had to loosen the spare to get the tank out and to put it back when it was time to leave, really not a big deal.

As promised, here are some pics of the trailer and kitchen set up:

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg

slosurfer

Adventurer
^^I just painted them with some left over wheel paint that I had from doing my 4runner rims. I got it at autozone and I believe it is Duplicolor High Temp Wheel Paint.

2Tracker

I really like what you have done with that trailer. You have inspired me to finally start working on one of my own. I have an old boat trailer that I have been considering working over into a expedition wagon. I like how simple you kept it and how you kept the costs down by making common sense add ons as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998