Slow Sami build

Memento_Vivere

Hey everyone, the name is Charles.
I've been lurking for quite some time, slowly building up to actually posting.
This will be my slow Suzuki Samurai build, I have two 88's that I will be taking and making into one decent one.
Currently one is partially in the tear down phase, and the other I haven't touched yet.
I will be posting photos as soon as I can, any questions feel free to ask away.
I figured if nothing else you guys will help keep me motivated to finish up quicker, so if I start lagging behind or not posting be sure to ask what's going on.
Thanks you all in advance, Charles.

Memento_Vivere

P_20150915_151857_zpsjyyxsluo.jpg~original

This is the parts rig so to speak, I bought it with no title so parts it is.

P_20150915_152215_zpscqb5ohdg.jpg~original

This is the basket case I bought running and driving, with a title.

P_20150915_152223_zpsywlrku4f.jpg~original

P_20150915_152246_zpsxdsggage.jpg~original

P_20150915_152300_zpsd4tlwrlz.jpg~original

Memento_Vivere

So, I just realized I hadn't said anything about my plans for the little guy. I want to keep lifting it to a minimum, probably between 1.5 and at the absolute tallest 3 inches.

I'm also considering a YJ leaf swap for the wider springs and better flex. Although I'm not sure if you can install them and keep spua. So any info on that would be great, I will also be rebuilding the motor, transmission, and transfer case down the road. I'd like lockers but we'll see how that plays out, maybe a Toyota axle swap as well. Thanks again for any information in advanced.

Charles.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

zukimoo

you can install the YJ's and still be spring over but the YJ's will give you more than 3". Don't add anything else because you will go right over.

Best thing you can do it sit down and make a plan and try to stick to it. Adding YJ's and then later adding Toy's will end up costing more money so get it done.

Right now I am getting all the parts together for the spring over on my LJ80 and till I get all the nuts and bolts I will wait. I know I will need more but trying to organise to save time.

Lockers make all the difference in the world. I love wheeling open because then you have to drive it to make it but when exploring where there are few people it's better to get ready.

Memento_Vivere

Are YJ's the way to go for more stability? Or will the wider toy axles do more over all? I'm pretty new over all to the off-road world. I've only owned 4x4's but I've never had the chance to do much with them besides dirt roads and snow. Basically I just feel in love with the samurai for its small size, and seemingly good reliability. So this is more or less trail by fire.

Memento_Vivere

Well, due to the changing health of a family member a large portion of this won't be quite as drawn out as expected. So you can expect major updates over the next week and a half.

Memento_Vivere

Well I haven't been on keeping this very well updated, but due to time constraints we decided to do a motor swap as well as the transmission. We are quite nearly done photos will be provided asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78