SmallFrye's (ttora4runner) 2015 Year in Review

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
2015 was a little different for me as I focused more (at least that what it has seemed) on hiking than vehicular travel through my 4runner did see plenty of dirt roads or my what to trail heads.

In January I made the trip to 'Picketwire Canyon' to visit some of the old homesteads and the old mission.

About mid-January I made the decision to sell my 2002 Toyota 4runner and pick up a 2010 4runner with a 120,xxx less miles.

New ride for the foresee able future

I’d be ling if I said I didn’t miss my 3rd gen 4runner but I do.

I also returned to Temple Canyon to take the new 4runner on it’s first run. This was also the first run for my old 3rd gen when I first got it.

Feburary I returned to Picketwire Canyon and biked out to the dinosaur tracks and the old ranch.

In March I visited one of the old mining sites near Victor, Colorado while doing the ‘Gold Belt Tour’ route.

Along Phantom Canyon

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
At the beginning of April I made my yearly visit to one of the local AutoExpo's, this being Denver.

Sometime mid-April I made a short day trip up though ‘Phantom Creek'

Later in April I returned home to Arizona and went camping with my parents and brother up at the 'Grand Canyon'.

At the beginning of May I made my way over to the ‘Colorado National Monument' and ‘Rattlesnake Arch' area for some hiking and then some.

Also, stop off at ‘Captain Smiths' and ‘Walker Cabin' on the second day of the trip

I also returned to the mining area outside of Victor, Colorado to finish hiking it since the snow had melted.

Towards the end of May I made my way over to the Moab area and drove (mostly) ‘Top of the World' and hiked around ‘Arches National Park'

June I stayed closer to the Colorado Springs area and did some exploring around ‘Taryall Reservoir' and hiked up to ‘Bison Peak'

July I did some more exploring on the ‘Bonaza Off-Highway Tour' route and visited some old mining camps and to enjoy the scenry.

I started off August with a 14'er by the name of ‘Mt. Sherman'. I had also attempted to hike ‘Mt. Bross' but I kind of wore myself out hiking ‘Mt. Sherman'

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
About a week after hiking ‘Mt. Sherman’ I headed out with a group to find/take the lesser traveled route up ‘Mt. Massive’ but we got lost and wound up on ‘Mt. Oaklahoma’

September my parents and brother came up and joined me in Ouray, Colorado on a multiple day trip while I slowly made my way over to Cruiserfest 2015. The journey would take me on familiar routes of Imogene Pass and Yankee Boy Basin and up to Governer Basin. Along, the way we made our way to the railroad museum in Durango.

After my folks left after 3 fun days I attempted to hike ‘Mt. Sneffels’ but wasn’t feeling well so I had to turn back before making the final ascent.

After Ouray, I headed back to the Moab area and hiked ‘Mt Peale’ in the La Sals then took ‘Skyline Drive’ on the final leg of the trip before heading over to Cruiserfest.

At the end of September I had to redeem myself after the earlier failed attempt of hiking ‘Mt. Massive’, I finally made it after taking one of the more standard routes. The highest elevation I’ve hiked too.

October I returned to the ‘Great Sand Dune National Park’ area and hiked up ‘Mt. Herald’ to get a good view of the sand dunes.

Novembers trip was less exciting (well the drive was) as I made my way out to ‘Old Bent’s Fort’ and the ‘Sand Creek Massacre’ site in eastern Colorado.

Over Thanksgiving while back in Arizona I visited the Phoenix AutoExpo with my brother.

December I really didn’t have much planned besides going home to Arizona again for Christmas but I did make way back to ’11-Mile Reservior’ to see it covered in snow.

Overall, 2015 didn’t disappoint. Saw some great areas, meet some new friends along the way and enjoyed visiting with family. As for what 2016 holds I don’t know yet. I have somethings in store but I have to wait and see how things pan out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78