Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

professorkx

Observer
My trailer will be here on 8/11. I've built 2 of these type trailers in the past, and $5,000 is a good price point for everything this trailers has. I added a RTT and Annex, an ARB refrigerator, 35 inch KM2 tires to match my Jeep, and had them assemble for the 4 hours labor, as I travel during the week at least 2 weeks a month, so don't have the time to assemble. Would rather be out camping.

The local 4 wheel parts store has one of the prototypes with a straight axle, and it has a water tank under the rear. Wish the production model had the water tank, but I guess it can be added pretty easily...

Here is a short clip from a recent trip that we took to the blue ridge mountains here in Virginia. It pulls beautifuly down fire roads, and does well on more technical tracks. Sorry no videos of that
[video]https://flic.kr/p/Xvo9MB[/video]

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Who did you order from if you don't mind me asking? What I figured out I think is? 4 wheel part will sell with or without wheels and that cool but they charge tax and shipping and that bad. Quadratec sells only with wheels but no tax no shipping cost. Still scratching head

TripLeader

Explorer
I bet if you call Quadratec and ask them about a wheel-less option, they would work with you. Especially on that big of a purchase.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
I ordered mine last month from Northridge. No tax, free shipping and they had a special 15% off promotion on anything. In the last 4 months I've seen a couple of 10%off sells and the one 15% off sell.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I ordered mine last month from Northridge. No tax, free shipping and they had a special 15% off promotion on anything. In the last 4 months I've seen a couple of 10%off sells and the one 15% off sell.

I found 900$ off coupon if I can get a trailer kit without wheels I'm gonna go ahead and order thanks for your heads up. I'm waiting for them to open up lol. Thanks to everyone else for there info to

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Seems like everyone I called the trailer would be on back order , so I ordered threw north ridge 4x4 with 15% off no tax free shipping and with wheels. I can take 3 new wheels and tires and sell them. If you order without wheels it is considered special order and no coupon but 1000 $. Cheaper . 4 wheel parts ,quadratec and north ridge that way. That cool just take my 15% off and sell 3 wheels for what I can get. Now just have ta wait. I got email also 4-5 weeks. Slow boat from China

Silverback07

Adventurer
When I bought mine they had no idea how long it would be on backorder (initial estimate was 2 months) but I got mine in less than 3 weeks, you may get lucky.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Probably so. I hope it is shorter. Anyone have any recommendations for brake controller? I been reading little about p3 controller. It's operates on inertia. I pull my jeep behind our motor home and I'd like to pull that little trailer and jeep both at same time. Thinking if I wire that p3 controller to 12v constant should work brakes on trailer when jeep slows down with Moho ? Been trying to piece this together for awhile.

Tool box

Where did you source your tool box from?

89F1D72C-85F6-4D0E-9D9B-86D017BA0E45.jpg

And one with the RTT up top, not fully mounted.
IMG_9243.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12