Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Kraxler

My numbers could very well be off. It seemed high to me when I did the numbers on my phone. I'll have to recalculate and rethink it. Found a place that will make custom water tanks. I'll be sending them a message here shortly with some dimensions and see what it would cost.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I have dry camped 3 times so far. Each a week end. We have a 12 gallon tank with shureflow pump and ecotemp 5l heater. Quick connect hose with sprayer.
We have used water for dishes and other means.... but no showers. Most we have used is 10 gallons in a week end. We carry a 6 gallon RO water for drinking on top of the 12 gal. If we run our of water we plan on just refilling the 12 gal main tank with whatever water we can find.
After having a big rv we learned that you can go through water as fast as you want to.
12 gallon works very well for us as a family of 4.

Thought I would share some photos of my tire carrier. I took a folding gear crate that I got from walmart for like $50 and drilled two holes in it. Then mounted one of the tire holders that was on the crate the trailer came in to it. Only issue was the door would hit on the tire. Off to harbor freight. Picked up a cheap drop down hitch and cut the ball receiver off of it. Drilled new pin holes because it pushed the tire really far from the trailer. I plan to build a light table to go behind the tire so when you have it dropped down you can have it be usable space.
This is a great idea, will you give more detail on what you bought and how you modified it? thanks

OregonJKU

A few more....
View attachment 450416
South African Pop-out shower ensuite. I welded up a lockable pivoting arm that bolts onto the RTT mount. When not in use, it swings under the Foxwing awning and stows out of the way.
View attachment 450417

Kitchen side
View attachment 450418
Kitchen side
View attachment 450419

View attachment 450421
Hi YYCRod, in the first picture is that the Rhino-Rack tagalong tent attached to your awning? If yes, how do you like it? Also what is the distance from the tent door to the back wall?

YYCRod

Yup, it’s an RV5T Tagalong. We love it. I would gues about 6 feet would be it’s depth. We usually store the stuff out of the truck in it as well as a folding table. Great peice of kit.

OregonJKU

Yup, it’s an RV5T Tagalong. We love it. I would gues about 6 feet would be it’s depth. We usually store the stuff out of the truck in it as well as a folding table. Great peice of kit.
Thank you for getting back to me. We've been looking at the tent.

honda250xtitan

I have dry camped 3 times so far. Each a week end. We have a 12 gallon tank with shureflow pump and ecotemp 5l heater. Quick connect hose with sprayer.
We have used water for dishes and other means.... but no showers. Most we have used is 10 gallons in a week end. We carry a 6 gallon RO water for drinking on top of the 12 gal. If we run our of water we plan on just refilling the 12 gal main tank with whatever water we can find.
After having a big rv we learned that you can go through water as fast as you want to.

Normally we (my wife and I) use about 6 gallons in a weekend but we burned through my 10 gallon tank in about 30 minutes last weekend. two muddy dogs........The 10 gallon tank is meant for dishwashing and quick wash off your hands and face etc. since it has the pump attached to it so having to use the non pump 6 gallon jug SUCKED. felt like a peasant. lol. Dumb dog still managed to have 2 ticks on him. BUT HE HAD SO MUCH FUN IN THE NASTY MUD POND CHASING FROGS. :shrug:

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Normally we (my wife and I) use about 6 gallons in a weekend but we burned through my 10 gallon tank in about 30 minutes last weekend. two muddy dogs........The 10 gallon tank is meant for dishwashing and quick wash off your hands and face etc. since it has the pump attached to it so having to use the non pump 6 gallon jug SUCKED. felt like a peasant. lol. Dumb dog still managed to have 2 ticks on him. BUT HE HAD SO MUCH FUN IN THE NASTY MUD POND CHASING FROGS. :shrug:

That sounds like a great trip though... :)
My wife did comment that using the onboard water system to put out the fire before going to sleep did use a gallon or two.

xtrmoverland

Final piece of the puzzle was the matter of the two rear stabilizer jacks. I did never care much for the original design. In it's defense, it is simple and does the job, but there was quite a wobble and flew along with it. On the other side, there is really not much you can do, being limited of the stuff that has to swing out and observing a some what reasonable departure angle. I like simplicity, and simply took the original design a bit further. I fabbed up two "cups" from the 2x2 off the crate, and cut the angle off the stock jack hardware. Those were welded in place on the bumper. In truth, in my opinion, these are not needed. There is no chance the trailer will flip on its back.... Well.... in a 60 mph gale blowing from front to rear.... Then maybe. But what convinced me to break the nice angles on the other why clean bumper was ne ease for a wheel replace meant if you get a flat. So in they went.
View attachment 424823
View attachment 424824
View attachment 424825

I figured if the Fordi will clear it, the trailer will too... Ha ha...
View attachment 424826
View attachment 424827
View attachment 424828
View attachment 424829
View attachment 424830

Even room for the bike carrier..... Whooooheeeeeee...
View attachment 424831
View attachment 424832
simply awesome!

rudee13

I use a battery powered transfer pump also called kerosene siphon pump to refill my onboard water tank in the wild. 16g with same eccotemp plus a spray port.
$8@ harbor freight. We only use tank water for washing off or dishes, works like a champ with Jerry can type water storage.
46e467c09b6103197fabf38b6e4a22d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78