Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Great thread. I'm in the market for a new trailer . I had a M416 for 20 years, sold it to get a Tiger Moth for our Alaska trip. The Tiger Moth broke and now I back at the beginning and now on a budget. This trailer looks like a great deal.

One question is how long is the tongue from the tongue box to the end of the tongue? I would like to be able to open my tire carried with the trailer still attached.

I have a Rhinorack Batwing awning , would the awning mount handle the weight and size? Over 8ft long and almost 50 pounds?

Thanks

I have 6 rails mounted on the cross beams. Got them all from smittybilt for free. Also got the mounting hardware. I just emailed the, and they showed up tow or three weeks later
Had an interesting conversation with Smittybilt today, they told me that none such supports exist. In fact they told me that they dont suggest mounting an XL tent on the trailer??? First i'd heard that. Last year they were more than happy to sell me one for that purpose.
They told me they would talk to their R&D team about supporting the xl tent......so i guess I wait.
Odd thing is, that they said these supports dont exist, when clearly they do.
ANyway, they said they would get back to me, so ill let ya'll know what i find out.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I have 6 rails mounted on the cross beams. Got them all from smittybilt for free. Also got the mounting hardware. I just emailed the, and they showed up tow or three weeks later

I contacted SB customer service about additional rails for the XL tent. They gave me a part # and said I can purchase from 4wheel parts.

Kraxler

Very interesting that I got the extra rails for free and now they say they are not available or go to 4wp and buy. Change in policy or different guy?

Catabler

I should have bought one yesterday. They are $900 more today on Northridge. I messaged them and here is what they told me :

That deal was a huge pricing error on our part and was caught yesterday by our sales team. I apologize for the inconvenience and error, but we can not honor that price. Thank you.

Chris Roell
General Manger, Colorado
chris.roell@northridge4x4.com
866.601.5340 ext. 5940
http://www.northridge4x4.com

Attachments

• AC47835B-B86E-4D43-B0CB-C3CA560A06F2.jpeg
    AC47835B-B86E-4D43-B0CB-C3CA560A06F2.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 70

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Can anyone tell me the size of the square tube foot the RTT is. Going to have to extend it for the XL tent. Thanks

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Very interesting that I got the extra rails for free and now they say they are not available or go to 4wp and buy. Change in policy or different guy?

Not sure. They did respond quickly though. Maybe can just find some square tube locally

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Can anyone tell me the size of the square tube foot the RTT is. Going to have to extend it for the XL tent. Thanks

I think it is an oddball size just under 2 inches.
When I welded my front crossbar it was the case.
Local steel mill had it though.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
The new grill were purchased for the exact dimensions. As sleeping bags will now reside in the front tongue box instead of the back, the kitchen utensils were moved back in the rear of the trailer along with the yammi generator.
That freed room up on top of the stove drawer to finally house the grill.
20190219_100647.jpg
20190219_102649.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger