SNEAK PEAK, electric lift for RTT

TxRubiRig

Well its working as planned, although not complete yet.

But, here's a preview of the electric lift for the RTT...

0915091639.jpg

Much thanks also goes out to a good friend, George @ Rockrash4x4

When its completed I will post more pics and give more details.

And yes in case anyone is wondering, the trailer will be stablized (thats next after this lil project)

08whitex

Adventurer
This may be a dumb question but what is the purpose of lifting the tent? I am going to build a trailer so I can get my RTT closer to the ground.

TxRubiRig

This may be a dumb question but what is the purpose of lifting the tent? I am going to build a trailer so I can get my RTT closer to the ground.

So I don't have the wasted space under the extended part of the tent. It's at about 6' hight or so right now, able for most to be able to freely walk around under the tent. A privacy room will be under the extended. The plan for the other sides of the tent will be to have an awning. I'm thinking something like the Oz Tent on the right side.

When on quick trips (solo) I seriously doubt the tent will be lifted. But when out wheeling with others, this will serve as a base camp for all. Providing those w/out shelter from the elements when needed.

Later when kiddos come along, the privacy room can turn into another room with bunkbed type cots.

Another option for me with this tent, tailgating parties. Envisioning being able to put a large LCD screen under the tent

Is it overboard...yes a little. The main reason I'm doing it is, just because and that the electric lift fits in with the already installed leanar actuator on the lid.

swanyo

Observer
I like this! That has been my biggest problem with Eezi-awn t-top tent I have on my trailer. It does not sit high enough to walk under for the additional room to be used without stooping. My girls have no problem but I would be happier with about a foot and a half of lift. I will be watching closely and can't wait for details. Thanks!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I have also been thinking of some way to have a lifting frame for the RTT on my trailer, without opening a lid or digging everything out from a tailgate.

I look fwd to the details as well.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Anybody ever think of just getting a taller roof mount rack. Or just custom build some that are taller than what the trailer comes with.

TxRubiRig

Anybody ever think of just getting a taller roof mount rack. Or just custom build some that are taller than what the trailer comes with.

Yes, I had that thought...but it would then make the cog higher while traveling.

Prior to the electric lift, I thought about trying to mod the Thule 422xt (or make something like that). But decided this route instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior