Snow Peak Addiction

jerdog53

Explorer
I don't have the SP cutting board, but my Teak cutting boards advised mineral oil. Mainly because it doesn't go rancid. Worst thing that happens if you consume too much mineral oil is a mild laxative. It would take a lot more than what you put on a board.

I have used mineral oil on all my cutting boards and butcher blocks over the years.

chrys

Observer
You can get anything from Japan via sites like Rakuten, etc... Snow Peak just needs to crank out some stock!

jerdog53

Explorer
I have never understood that, the Snow Peak store seems to be consistently out of product! The only reason I can see to do that is to drum up perceived value....

chrys

Observer
They are even frequently sold out of items in Japan, which is even more odd. I was looking everywhere for the chairs and they didn't have any in Japan either. Found some stock here in the states eventually, but it is a bit perplexing.

cactusjk

Explorer
I got most of my SP gear about 6 years ago when it was a lot easier to get. Now I get on the list and wait it out for the few remaining pieces I want and find out the ETA from the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrys

Observer
Yeah I scour with google and ebay until I can track down the items I want... Then I end up getting them from across the country and then within a week they are back in stock in Portland. Always happens lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179