Snow Peak Addiction

Hi Folks,
Try as I might to avoid it, the Snow Peak tractor beam may soon have ahold of me. I have been nosing around the SP website - using an iPad Pro - and am having trouble shopping. The vast majority of the items I click on display the product pictures, but not the item description or pricing. Am I missing something? Is this stuff so special that I should just submit proof of funds with an offer for the item I want ??

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
Try as I might to avoid it, the Snow Peak tractor beam may soon have ahold of me. I have been nosing around the SP website - using an iPad Pro - and am having trouble shopping. The vast majority of the items I click on display the product pictures, but not the item description or pricing. Am I missing something? Is this stuff so special that I should just submit proof of funds with an offer for the item I want ??
I answered my own question. The SP website displays all images and information when accessed from a computer using full sized display monitors, but not from an iPad.

spikemd

Explorer
And by pizza pan I mean the round pan that comes with the field oven. Drifta had them available several years ago but I’ve not seen them since and snow peak corporate never really responded when I asked about buying another one.

I sent a message last year and need to follow-up. I unfortunately broke my mine while cleaning it. I have purchased 3 other stones on amazon trying to find one that will work. I need to put some more effort into finding a correct fit. Its tough, the SP one is smaller size and thin with a ridge that allows the grabber to holf onto. One stone i had was too smooth, another too thick...still looking...

DesertSand05

Observer
I just moved and found an old Snow Peak catalog from 2008. It's crazy to see how much more gear they used to make. It's a 345 page book. I can snap some pictures of some of the pages if anyone is interested.

I'd love to see a scan of the old 2008 snow peak items. Especially the old IGT stuff.

They used to sell stuff sacks "barrel bags" made for the IGT items (1U, 2U, etc....). I always wanted to see what bags were supposed to go to which items.

Feeman

Hi Folks,
hmm…I think I know what you are experiencing. I too like to drool from time to time at the Snow Peak goodness displayed on their website. I’m using an iPad Mini. I find that when I click on an item photo on the general catalogue pages in order to take a closer look at that item, the first thing that pops up on the item specific page is an enlarged photograph of the initial “catalogue” photo that first attracted my attention. If there are more than a couple of photos of the item, scrolling with my finger just flips through the item photos but doesn’t scroll the page to the pricing and details. With the Mini I just have to make sure my scrolling finger is waaay off to the side of the page before I start scrolling and that’ll scroll the page up and down rather than just the photo section. I think the problem is the majority of the item photos are shot on a white background and the webpages also have an exact matching white background. It’s hard to determine where the border between the photo section of the page is and the actual page itself. Because of this it’s just a simple matter of where your scrolling finger ends up on the webpage as to whether you’re scrolling the page or the photos. Could it be this simple? That’s my experience with the Mini. I haven’t tried it on a Pro. YMMV.

Last edited:

Vincenzo

I'd love to see a scan of the old 2008 snow peak items. Especially the old IGT stuff.

They used to sell stuff sacks "barrel bags" made for the IGT items (1U, 2U, etc....). I always wanted to see what bags were supposed to go to which items.

I'll snag some pictures and put them in an imgur album this weekend.

cactusjk

Explorer
New batch of risers is done! If you are on the list please IM me.

Others please IM for details.

Attachments

• BBQ1.jpg
    BBQ1.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 61
  • f6c731e29de793376d5282aa29a56d56.jpeg
    f6c731e29de793376d5282aa29a56d56.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members