So Cal climbers, time to take action

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Williamson Rock is located in the Angeles Nat. Forest about 30 miles East of La Canada. Since the 1960's it has been a place to get away from the city and find adventure. My dad climbed there in the 60's and he taught me to climb there late 1980. In the 1990's climbings popularity took off and Williamson Rock became a popular weekend destination. There are about 200 routes ranging in difficulty from 5.0-5.13+. A few years ago the NFS closed the area due to pressure from the National Fish and Wildlife Org. and other environmental interest groups. The closure was to be temporary but it has been closed for almost 5 years now if I remember correctly. The closure was due to the existence of the Mountain Yellow Legged Frog in the area. Although climbing posed no threat to the frog it was decided to just close the entire area. This is not a lost cause. We need your help, more specifically your$$$. Please click on the Friends of Williamson Rock link and become informed. If you would like to see Williamson open again we need your help. I would like to be able to teach my son to climb there just as my father taught me.
http://williamsonrock.org/index.php

Thanks,

Kevin Mokracek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior