So Cal LOCKER Install prices need help

captwoody

Adventurer
Debating which one to get an ARB air OR EATON electric locker install for my new to me 2014 Jeep JK Willys 2dr. I got 2 quotes for an ARB front and back using the ARB 2 locker kit for the dana 30/44 axles with the air up kit. one from 4 wheel parts and one from ORW there is a 2000 dollar difference and that big of a difference has me concerned. don't want to get lowballed and have to come up with a couple grand more.so what are you guys paying and where did you get it done in SO CAL. all I have right now is the LSD rear 44. Thanks Woody

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Debating which one to get an ARB air OR EATON electric locker install for my new to me 2014 Jeep JK Willys 2dr. I got 2 quotes for an ARB front and back using the ARB 2 locker kit for the dana 30/44 axles with the air up kit. one from 4 wheel parts and one from ORW there is a 2000 dollar difference and that big of a difference has me concerned. don't want to get lowballed and have to come up with a couple grand more.so what are you guys paying and where did you get it done in SO CAL. all I have right now is the LSD rear 44. Thanks Woody

Don't know about socal prices but I know I've seen this offer from OK4WD which is a pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

http://ok4wd.com/shop-by-category/d...-traction-pack-d44-front-d44-rear-117-117kit2

captwoody

Adventurer
we have the same parts deal here but there are variables like install kits and labor one quote $3237 one quote $5032 figured I had to add at least 250 to 3237 quote because of install kits. it cost me only 1900 to put a locker in my tracker and they had to machine ring gear to make it fit.
where is the 4X DR?

jwilson2598

Adventurer
Are you regearing, or just lockers? I'm on the wrong coast myself, but I got the Traction Pack deal from OK4WD, and then a local shop did the install for $750. That was just the lockers, I had already regeared (yeah I'm dumb and didn't do them together), and I installed and wired the compressor ahead of time. Basically they needed to do the lockers in the axle and run/hookup the air lines from the compressor to them. If you're not doing gears, then you won't need an install kit. All the needed bearings are included with the ARBs and worst case you'll need a few shims which any good installer will have.

larock1971

I just had Rebel Off-Road in Irvine regear and slap an E Locker in the rear of my '07 JKU, paid just under $2800. 4WP quoted me almost that just for the regear.

captwoody

Adventurer
I am going to stick with my gears only going up to a 33" tire from my 32",s when they wear out . Mines a 2 dr so I don't need 35's but thanks for rebel off road, will give them a call. I just want to get lockers front and back. if I have to I can deal with an automatic locker in front ,but in the rear I need a selectable one. thanks for the replies trying to get educated. when I did my tracker it turned out I had to machine the gear don't want to run in to surprises this time. thanks for the help-Woody

EMrider

Explorer
I've been very happy with Rock Tech offroad in La Habra. Very professional and knowledgeable.

Ask for Chris.

R

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Just as a reference point:

I recently got quotes on re-gear (front/rear) and adding a lunchbox locker (Powertrax No-Slip) to my van. Total for parts and labor ranged from $2060 to $2809.

I don't have a lot of choice on lockers, and I know the lunchbox is both cheaper and quicker to install (thus cheaper again) than a selectable locker, but it's data nonetheless.

HopeFloatsXJ

I went to Rebel Off Road's open house a couple months ago and was really impressed by Bond's operation and his people. Think you might be too.

captwoody

Adventurer
Got a quote from 4wheel parts Temecula of 3300 front and back Eaton e-lockers installed an extra hundred if I want the switches on a pillar pod. And for 300 more a 3 year parts and labor warranty. ARB's run about 400 more extra labor installing compressor and tubing. I can save 500 going with an automatic eaton locker in front gonna do electric front and rear. seem its the best deal for what I need for 3+ trails and down that I drive

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
I just paid $2100 for the parts alone for this setup(with Yukon gears) Assume 4wp is going with G2. So in reality that isn't a bad price at all. Our local 4wp has been running a special for just gears for $1250 or so parts included(no lockers)

I am going to tackle the gear change myself. Figure even buying all the tools I need I am looking at $500 at most, plus I get the experience of being self sufficient. I am lucky that it is not a daily driver, so I have lots of time.

captwoody

Adventurer
picked up rugged ridge 2" receiver kit took me an hour good to go,now that I know which way I am going with lockers need to figure out a way to carry my longboard and a hobie kayak.
looking early September for locker install. then see how much money I have left to proceed. need step rocksliders my 4-11 wife has trouble getting in.hardtop liners and a roof rack of some kind that I can keep hardtop on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12