so I started another project, Apache Raven revision #2

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Comming together nice! Cool combination, I like the front deck for storage too.

My original plan was to build a drawer system up front but I like this setup better because I can use it for storage or some bikes, maybe even a quad. The overall length of the trailer is a bit long, but this is just for fishing and hunting and not extreme trails.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
pictures from the weekend

Everything stayed dry even with a storm that dropped 1.5 inches of rain and hail on us in 2 hours.

Attachments

• DSCN5531.jpg
    DSCN5531.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN5532.jpg
    DSCN5532.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN5539.jpg
    DSCN5539.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 10

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Looks great! Planning on Polishing or painting the tub?

My wife and I actually did with some steel wool and marine boat polish, but it was a lot of work just to do that. So at this point it isn't worth the effort to sand it all down and get it shiny just to get it all dirty and repeat the process once a year or so.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
So the other day I asked my wife if she ever missed just camping in a tent and that I had a passing thought about selling the trailer, she looked at me with that "I could kill you for even thinking that" look and I said no more. But we bring so much more stuff camping now than we ever did and it is time to do some sorting.

Mudy_Ovl

Everything stayed dry even with a storm that dropped 1.5 inches of rain and hail on us in 2 hours.

How did you extend your bed support legs to accommodate you huge lift. I did just a simple SOA swap and have to use RV levelling blocks. Can you post pics of your updates? Thanks!

-MudyOvl

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Nice I like that style Apache, I missed a couple around home in the past year and one went to scrap I was jaacked. I have a Chief now.

jim65wagon

Cool little trailer. I like it!

So the other day I asked my wife if she ever missed just camping in a tent and that I had a passing thought about selling the trailer, she looked at me with that "I could kill you for even thinking that" look and I said no more. But we bring so much more stuff camping now than we ever did and it is time to do some sorting.

It's all about the three O's (organization, organization, organization). Trailers make organization a bit easier, slideouts, trays, and storage boxes, make a good thing better. In the teardrop, everything has it's place and it makes such an enjoyable weekend to be able to just tow it somewhere, pull a few items out of their storage space and we are set! We actually took about the same amount of stuff in the truck when we were in tents, but packing, unpacking, and finding everything you need when you need made it quite the chore (still fun though -we were camping afterall)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just to update this, currently looking at replacing the leaf springs with a torsion axle and might be ordering a new canvas for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12