So, what is Santa bringing you for your full-size?

bftank

Explorer
where at in colorado are you CCH? is it a longbed what year. i might have something for you, if you are interested.

CCH

Adventurer
I'm in Roxborough (south of Littleton.) It's a shortbed and a 2011. Why they had to change the bed dimensions so older caps won't fit, I have no idea. I need a 2009 and up 1500 or 2010 and up 2500/3500 cap. Merry Christmas!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
P0606 code for the ECM? I was reading your stats in your sig. Funny thing is I have a 98.5 Reg cab with Kore suspension. Your truck is like a lil bro to mine haha.
My former truck was a 98.5 regcab w/Kore suspension. KORE's probably the stiffest out there.
The tech installed the K01 reflash which brought up a bunch of codes and a no start situation. New ECM and a cheap part on Dodge.

I'm running KORE VR coils because they are a high rate and work pretty well with the camper load. I had some Thuren's on but they were a bit soft for highway handling,but great off highway. I need a single rate coil a notch up from Don's. In search of the perfect coil.

mkitchen

Explorer
Sounds like a lot of neat gifts

Well I did get some of the things I asked for. In addition to the 71 F 250, I also have an 06 Tacoma (in my avitar). Both vehicles are fairly tall, with the Tacoma having an EMU lift and the Ford just being tall period and I have 35" tires on the Ford too. I got a floor jack, which I dearly needed and two jack stands. Let me emphasize this next statement by saying that I love my dear wife to the max, but she can make some strange choices. I got a floor jack that is the low profile style and good quality jack stands but I do not think that they will reach the axle on the Ford, even when fully extended. I don't own any low vehicles that I work on. We have a Honda Pilot but I usually just send it to the shop for service.

So now I will save up some funds and get the HiLift that I am wanting and at least two more jack stands. Somehow I need to secretly add to that list, a new steering wheel and the materials I need to finish the cab. Thank the good lord for credit cards, eh?

It sounds like a lot of folks have their vehicles on the top of their lists and that Santa was listening when you let him know what you were hoping to see under the tree. Enjoy those new toys and don't forget to get out and get some fun time in.
Mikey

Saline

Adventurer
My Christmas came a bit early for me a few weeks ago. I got a new/used Dana 70 full-floater to replace my Dana 60 semi-float. The semi float had trashed bearings at 54k miles. Several other SMB owners have had catastrophic failures of their D60 semi-floats and this lead me to the decision to upgrade it.

I also upgraded my D range BFG's to E range Toyo's. The Toyos make the van handle a lot better!

0b9d0108d5ae3115343cab19987b3a54.jpg

452046cdbfaf98effbf7284bb6e86463.jpg

d0d1193787e26c1c7ac53db186919371.jpg

mkitchen

Explorer
X's 2

I never did care for semi floating axles either. To put them on larger trucks was a bad choice and I lost a lot of respect for the big three, or at least the ones who followed this trait, when they did that. By the way Saline, that is a nice van.
Mikey

Booner

Observer
Christmas brought a 60" HiLift jack, new AFE intake/filter, and a case each of Fleetguard oil and fuel filters :)

mkitchen

Explorer
Christmas brought a 60" HiLift jack, new AFE intake/filter, and a case each of Fleetguard oil and fuel filters :)

Hey Booner, I think Santa got it mixed up and brought you my jack. Oh well, you go ahead and keep it since it is a wee bit of a drive to run out to your place and get it. I will just have to go out and get one.
Mikey

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Santa brought me new dually d2 LED offroad driving lights, and some camping equipment. Way better than my cheap halogen lights.

9c10fb52.jpg

58678af8.jpg

mkitchen

Explorer
Nice Looking

Are those steel or alloy? I am currently running Americans on my 71 but they really don't fit with the truck. I am saving to buy some steel wheels from Stockton Wheel. They have a nice simple style that would be perfect for Rueben (my 71).
Mikey

bftank

Explorer
they are steel hummer h1 24 bolt double beadlocks.

i like the look of stock steelies as well, these are 16.5" on my sub.
013.jpeg

Last edited:

Booner

Observer
Hey Booner, I think Santa got it mixed up and brought you my jack. Oh well, you go ahead and keep it since it is a wee bit of a drive to run out to your place and get it. I will just have to go out and get one.
Mikey

Mike, if you're ever in NW PA, you're welcome to use it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger