So you want a lightweight adventure moto?

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Define "lightweight"::)
I think that Husaberg has me beat by 75 lbs even before my luggage.
Furnace1.JPG

But it is a pretty good combination of weight (343 lbs wet, minus luggage), power (55Hp), price ($5995), reliability and durability (Rotax powered) for my uses (weekend trips). Although there are some that have taken them around the world.

805gregg

Adventurer
I picked up a used Yamaha TW 200, 2006 with 490 miles for $2700, nice and lite 250# easy to pick up and move, but slooow..

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Define "lightweight"::)
I think that Husaberg has me beat by 75 lbs even before my luggage.

He's might have you by more than that. Mine is 233 dry, and it only holds 2.4 gallons of gas and about 3.7 drops of oil. The Husaberg is the lightest bike I have -- and I've got a couple of small (<250cc) trail bikes.

But, the 'berg is a bit high strung for an 'adventure bike', IMO. Sure, it's a hell of a lot of fun, but I consider mine more of a toy than anything. In fact, I wouldn't want to live off of my Husaberg for more than one night. Hell, I think I'd rather take *any* of my other bikes on a longer trip (including the CM-400 rat bike).

The Husaberg just isn't the right bike for it, IMO. The bikes handle so damn good, I can't bring myself to load it down and kill the performance (also, I can't get myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery when I'm riding it :bike_rider: ). The Husaberg is too much of a 'dirt bike with plates'.

But hey - that's just my opinion, based on my travel style, and what I like / don't like. If someone else thinks differently, that's cool. Because in the end, we all know that the 'best' bike out there is - you guessed it: The one between your butt and the ground.

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader

That is a sweet little TW. I played around with one that a friend had in Singapore. What a cool bike. The confidence of putting two feet flat on the ground, and the fat back tire made it perfect for goofing around in the sand.

You did a good job with the mods. Nicely thought out, and not over the top.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior