SoCal Area Families

hoaxci5

Observer
I'm looking to meet up with some other families in the SoCal area.. I currently live in Oxnard, CA. My wife is Navy and set to deploy, I recently purchased a Jeep Commander and would love to do some back country camping and such. However I'm rolling with twins who will be two in Nov. I need some adult company.. I work from home and take care of the kids.. anyone interested in some camping anyplace around SoCal?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
How long have you lived here, how well do you know the area? Is the Commander your first off road capable rig?

Dave posted up an informal shared campfire/BBQ thing for tonight up in Red Rock. It's about 3 hours north. I'm not very familar with the stock Commanders capabilities, though I've seen one locked and lifted that was pretty nice.

hoaxci5

Observer
Just moved here in June from WA. I'm not real familiar with the area, but I did live in SD for 18 months a few years ago.

It is my first 4x4 so I'm still learning about its capability. I made sure to get QDII which is supposed to be the best 4wd system offered in stock Jeeps up until this new 2011 Grand Cherokee system came out, which I think is still QDII plus a air ride system.

I've ordered a small lift (2.25") once I get that installed I'll be figuring out how large I can go for tires.. I need it to fit in the garage so that is kind of a limiting factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior