SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

No Ma

Wonderer
I first called the folks in Upland on January 25th. I have a mid-April start time with them for ours. I don't know if it was due to a cancellation or backlog. I was pleasantly surprised.

RoverGS

Don't forget Andy at Great Lakes Teardrop. He's right at 6 weeks for a build time for mine. Actually a few days under that. My rig will be ready this week! The only downside is that I can't pick it up until I return from work later this month. He may be a little farther away for some, but it would make a pretty cool shakedown/adventure bringing your new camping rig home.

cactusjk

Explorer
Any feedback on the Kascade? Looks real similar to the modified Sierra 4.5x9 I have on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Any feedback on the Kascade? Looks real similar to the modified Sierra 4.5x9 I have on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen that one before. Haven't been on their site lately. That's a nice looking crossover. For the price, I'd take that over a Littleguy any day, which range in the same price.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I first called the folks in Upland on January 25th. I have a mid-April start time with them for ours. I don't know if it was due to a cancellation or backlog. I was pleasantly surprised.

Nice! The turn around time shouldn't be too bad. I think mine ran just a few weeks behind schedule but I wasn't worried given the circumstances I was having at the time (newborn and remodeling a house). So it showing up a few weeks late to me worked out. But they were very good at keeping me updated. You should have yours to you in time to enjoy a majority of your late spring/summer season.

No Ma

Wonderer
Timing should be pretty decent. Current tentative completion time frame is late May - Early June. Either way, even if a bit later, is OK with me!

tctundra

Inspiration. Just got back from Joshua tree, including a visit to SCT in Upland to see the birthplace of my 2012 5x11 Cal Deluxe with the full Off Road treatment.

0aec6724303ea65ba653038557008fc9.jpg

534fadc764db79ebd634cfb3c0983974.jpg

JJMAC

Adventurer
Going to pull the trigger. Here is a list of options I am going to get. Anyone have any recommendations to remove any of these? Family of 5.

Krawler 459 (4.5' x 9')
Front Jack Pnematic Wheel
Max Coupler
Metal Cage with Locking Lid
Polished Front Storage Box
Additional Side Receivers
Rear Stabilizers
(3) tires and wheels
14" Vent FAn
Led Interior Lights
LED Porch lights
LED Ground Lights
(2) Reading Lights
Upper Flip Doors in Cabin
Lower Flip Doors with locking Center Drawer
Galley Upgrade Additional Drawers
Flipper Doodles
10lb LP Tank
Under Mattress storage
Refigerator with Slide
30 Gallon Water Tank
Off Road Swing out soare tire mount with sink
Roof Basket with Fan Cutout

Going to add after:
ARB 2000 Awning
ARB Awning Room
Rhino Rack Dome Awning for Galley
Tepui Autana RTT with Annex
100w Renogy Solar kit

Debating propane heater, but its an additional $2,600. May add it down the road when its just me and wife and the kids are no longer up top in the RTT.

MikeH

Observer
You could save some weight and cost by having the trailer use the same spare as your tow vehicle. You get a flat, use the spare and head for town. On the very rare occasion you get two flats, you can always disconnect the trailer and come back for it with fixed tires. How remote are you actually going to take the trailer? Alaska, South American?

With the weight of the tent and gear for 5 ask for heavier springs. You're gonna no to need them.

JJMAC

Adventurer
You could save some weight and cost by having the trailer use the same spare as your tow vehicle. You get a flat, use the spare and head for town. On the very rare occasion you get two flats, you can always disconnect the trailer and come back for it with fixed tires. How remote are you actually going to take the trailer? Alaska, South American?

With the weight of the tent and gear for 5 ask for heavier springs. You're gonna no to need them.

Good idea about springs.

Trailer will explore CONUS and Canada for the most part.

Regarding spare. I hate having to put a spare on trailer, but I also want the option to hook up to either of my vehicles or a buddy's truck on a fishing trips without having to worry about loading up a spare all the time. In other words, I dont want to be limited to just the matching wheels on tow vehicle. Plus with the swing out carrier you get the sink mod etc which the wife really likes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger