SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

coastsifder

77bd363e61a8ee697f63f0c73ac11580.jpg
ce23e4ba110e55ba81bea675a274e718.jpg
3bc58360ad0391d190b8e2ca0353ff95.jpg
3bc58360ad0391d190b8e2ca0353ff95.jpg

Just finished the fender lift to accommodate the 35" tires. This now gives me around 4" of fender/wheel clearance, double the previous gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4runnerteq

Explorer
Are you coming from a tent camping background? We are moving up from a Jumping Jack through backpacking style activities.

Yes. great trip this weekend. Not wild about the 4 wall ARB shelter that goes under the awning. Its a fine shelter, just not very easy to go from the trailer right in to it. I can, and will probably get better at it, but not the way I had it pictured. Other than that that all was good. I did get a bent pole on the one awning. It came a heavy rain while we were out of camp and I didn't have it canted enough to one side to drain off. Awning filled with water end bent the horizontal pole. My fault. Heading out again next weekend.

Doug E

Observer
Flapper-doodles in galley bounce open and stuff falls out over bumpy, not even gnarly, roads such as:

IMG_5761_Fotor.jpg

The picture doesn't really do justice to the size of the rocks, the bumps up and drops down, but no big deal. Anyway, do any of you have the same problem? Do any of you have elegant solutions? I have a couple of possible fixes, but don't want to re-invent anything.

Thanks.

Doug

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Flapper-doodles in galley bounce open and stuff falls out over bumpy, not even gnarly, roads such as:

View attachment 402689

The picture doesn't really do justice to the size of the rocks, the bumps up and drops down, but no big deal. Anyway, do any of you have the same problem? Do any of you have elegant solutions? I have a couple of possible fixes, but don't want to re-invent anything.

Thanks.

Doug

I was trying to figure out adjusting the Nine way valve to see if that would help. I don't have my trailer yet, but reading about the shock gave me some ideas.

MikeH

Observer
Maybe the catches need to be shimmed up so the doors can't bounce over them. We take our trailer through a lot of rough terrain and haven't had any issues to speak of. I did notice with it completely outfitted it was starting to compress the springs too far. I called SoCal to see what type of springs they are using so I could look for a higher spring rate. They suggested a cheaper/easier solution that put the trailer right where I wanted it. If you're not seeing and obvious solution, call SoCal and see what they suggest. They are great people to deal with.

Lucky j

Explorer
Maybe the catches need to be shimmed up so the doors can't bounce over them. We take our trailer through a lot of rough terrain and haven't had any issues to speak of. I did notice with it completely outfitted it was starting to compress the springs too far. I called SoCal to see what type of springs they are using so I could look for a higher spring rate. They suggested a cheaper/easier solution that put the trailer right where I wanted it. If you're not seeing and obvious solution, call SoCal and see what they suggest. They are great people to deal with.

And just by curiosity,mwhat was that solution for you??

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
I was trying to figure out adjusting the Nine way valve to see if that would help. I don't have my trailer yet, but reading about the shock gave me some ideas.

My shocks are always left on 9 and it eats up the terrain like a trophy truck (unloaded or fully loaded including 30gal of water, doesn't matter). I see a lot of off-road trailers bouncing around and am always surprised because the suspension in the 510 just works well.

3545_3_lg.jpg

MikeH

Observer
And just by curiosity,mwhat was that solution for you??

They got me the info I wanted about the springs. He also evaluated what I currently had. The current spring pack can run up to three helper springs. I was only running one. I ordered two more for each side and the extended spring bolt. That was a cheaper then a new spring pack. Once installed they put the trailer up off the bump stops like it should be. As a side benefit it's now perfectly level with our Jeep. We took a trip with it shortly afterward, the trailer is noticeably stiffer, less bouncy, but not harsh, just more controlled. So far I'm satisfied with the fix. If they go bad in the future, I may go for a differen rated spring pack but so far it's good.

Lucky j

Explorer
Thank you MikeH I was thinking that is was something like that, but you did confirm the fact that with some type of suspension, it is fairly easy to adjust to your needs! :)

cactusjk

Explorer
Great to hear. Would love any feedback on how long your build takes. Not sure when the build will start and how many Tom is working at one time. I am sure that you have been waiting a long time too!
We are one of the four ahead of you at Treeline. Our 510XS is being built now and should be done this month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle