Sofa Bed Ideas

Since I picked up this black leather cushion of goodness from Jb1rd this weekend and got the couch installed I figured i would post up a pic of the steeker you were looking at

IMG_2927 2.jpg

Jb1rd

Explorer
That is awesome and man you didnt mess around figuring out mounting it!! I am pretty sure it was meant to be a side sitter just like you installed it!! It looks so shiny :)

86scotty

Cynic
bj3nk5, my old SMB had the double facing 4' gauchos you describe before I changed the floor plan. You can see lots of pics of it in that LONG build thread in my sig but just FYI it's pretty short side to side. The best pics of how the bed is made are on page 13 about in the middle.
Each side is 4' long, which is fine for a double bed, but slid together wall to wall they were only about 5'6" at the foot high level which gives you some useable storage underneath. My walls were not channelled, they had insulation and 1/4 paneling. Short story, it makes for a short bed.

Last edited:

SBaircraft

Observer
Looks great!

Would that sofa be able to straddle the wheel well to mount it all the way back?

Mine is mounted at the back of the van and clears the wheel well. I love it because it folds out of the way when I need to haul stuff. The stock bed was ~77" long but I tracked down the manufacturer and they were able to make me a slightly shorter bed. This left enough room at the front of my van for a 32" steel shelving unit that I'm installing next week.

Van1.jpg

Van2.jpg

Van3.jpg

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well I scored at the junkyard today. Refuse to try laying on it till it's reupholstered! $60
b43fdfdff72d041269c2291fda008cc9.jpg
6a4dea629f093f74a492803a1843324d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klp42

Sbaircraft, have you got any more info on your bed/couch? Does it fold up against the wall too? Any seat belts?

I am seriously thinking about losing a seat and putting a goucho along the side.

silvrzuki77

explorer
id throw a tarp on it and see if its comfortable before i spent the $$/time on upholstery

I just did that! I might do different foam. But it allows me to build my rear storage and make it a bit longer to sleep on. Kind of a back up plan in case I don't bring the trailer
8ee0934820f02940d8e959f8b76c4f89.jpg

Slapmackie

Observer
Mine is mounted at the back of the van and clears the wheel well. I love it because it folds out of the way when I need to haul stuff. The stock bed was ~77" long but I tracked down the manufacturer and they were able to make me a slightly shorter bed. This left enough room at the front of my van for a 32" steel shelving unit that I'm installing next week.

View attachment 375727

View attachment 375728

View attachment 375729

Mine is similar to this one from Blazzin Belltech, so far I really like it!
unnamed (19).jpg

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Easily, I mounted it at 12.5" above floor I think it has a good height

Interested to see the sofa you bought from the back of the van in the seat position and then the bed position if you don't mind. Also what's the dimensions of the bed? Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78