Solar advice. Please help.

zoom17

Zoom
You can connect it to the 2nd battery if you like and it will get charged. However, I feel the proper way to do it since you have a dual battery controller (you still haven't said what kind and YES this may make a difference) I would plug the panel into your main battery. On a National Luna setup or IBS you will eventually hear the soloenoid click. This then allows the charge from the panel to flow from the main battery which is now sufficiently charged to your 2nd battery.

Sorry, I'm using a Dirty Parts kit with a yellow top second battery. Thanks again for the help.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I'm in a similar boat with my JKU and where to connect solar to Genesis DBS. I IM'd the company on Facebook yesterday and he promptly responded that the starting battery is the recommended location. He will be adding it to the FAQ and is looking at making a video about how his system works with solar in the near future.

zoom17

Zoom
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I've been running the fridge and using the Renogy 100w solar and everything seems to be working fine. I think I might have the confidence to lower the temp on my ARB fridge to keep ice frozen. Once again, "thanks for the help". All seems good for my Inuvik/Arctic departure tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12