Solar install on tiny S&S camper

calstar

Observer
Thjs is the solar part of my post on the little S&S camper I bought last July, full post can be seen here http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/150082-Tiny-S-amp-S-custom

I knew little to nothing about solar installs but jumped in and figured the basics out, pretty easy actually. System includes a Blue Sky Sun Charger 30 controller, Samlex 600 inverter, Blue Sea fuse block, Home Depot 100 watt panel, some leds and dimmers from Amazon. I could have saved $ by getting a cheaper inverter and controller but decided these will last me a long time and easily moved to whatever. Panel is mounted on 2"x3" alum square tubing(elevated to keep it cooler) from a metal scrap yard; tubing is lag bolted to camper roof joists/rafters and panel on it, plan to install hinges on the panel so I change the angle to the sun. Using an interstate marine battery in a box I made, hinged top that the inverter sits on, vents to the outside. Both interior and exterior leds are controller by dimmers, each individual light has an on/off switch so I can select what I want to have on.

IMG_8704_zpsyh5ydzcx.jpg

IMG_8705_zpspdowgoq7.jpg

interior layout of equipment, benches seen are the bed bases which fold down and cover the equipment on the floor
74d11049-9f93-4640-8f46-7ec16d3f0a06_zpsqapgdsdr.jpg

IMG_8731_zpsdll5fgno.jpg

solar in to controller, vent from bat box
IMG_8711_zpse4wptjrr.jpg

IMG_8751_zpslt5mktui.jpg

IMG_8752_zpsnqsfysxb.jpg

light under new shelf and central light and close up of the Blue Sea and its dimmer(same as the dimmer on ext lights)
IMG_8747_zpsqhkvoxth.jpg

IMG_8753_zpsaowgfmds.jpg

IMG_8744_zpsxeslukow.jpg

three exterior lights at rear center, sides and dimmer mount(needs cosmetic finishing!) for ext lights above rear door each of the lights has its separate on/off switch.I plan on adding little hoods over the lights to direct more light downward

IMG_8732_zpsasserqte.jpg

IMG_8733_zpskpz5ymdk.jpg

IMG_8726_zpssxwt4r69.jpg

Brian

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman