---SOLD--- 1998 Four Wheel Camper Hawk in Ventura CA- $6,500

MotoDave

Explorer
--- SOLD ---

I’m selling my Four Wheel Camper Hawk model. It is a 1998 standard model (not a shell) that fits full size trucks with a 6.5’ bed. The camper looks its age but has solid bones and hasn’t caused me any trouble in the 6 years I’ve had it. The only reason I’m selling it is that our growing family doesn’t all fit in it, I have a ton of great memories of camping trips with my son in it over the last 6 years.

I have a 2012 Toyota Tundra 4.6L V8 Double Cab 4x4 that I am also selling. The truck has 96,000 miles on it currently but is my daily driver so that will increase. The truck is completely dialed for this camper including larger all terrain tires, upgraded suspension including air bags and a 38 gallon fuel tank. I’d prefer to sell the truck and camper as a package. I will add information and current photos of the truck shortly.

--- SOLD ---

Email me at dcstorm@gmail.com with any questions or if interested.

Truck and camper are located in Ventura CA.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EucgSByBpvRS8RrY6

Features:

• Fixed 48” wide bed over cab (doesn’t slide out). I have seen people build the slide out portion for these older campers if that’s what you want. It fits 2 people OK in my experience.
  • Kitchen including 2 burner propane stove, sink, refrigerator and storage
  • Full length couch that converts to a bed via screw on legs (not the newer rollover type)
  • Wave-3 Propane heater (catalytic heater, not a forced air furnace)
  • Water system works great and has been periodically flushed
  • Includes a three piece table which is assembled in less than a minute and can be used inside or outside of the camper
  • Vinyl is in really good shape for its age. I’ve treated it with 303 protectant once or twice a year since i’ve had it. There are some tiny pinprick holes in the corners where the vinyl folds.
  • Includes 4 Reico corner jacks

Recent upgrades:

• Isotherm CR65 12V Compressor Fridge
  • Full electrical system overhaul including
    • 180W Solar Panel
    • Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75V Solar Charge Controller (includes Bluetooth monitoring function)
    • Duracell AGM 100 Ah Marine battery (~2 years old)
  • New water pump and plumbing to water tank
  • Fantastic Vent powered ceiling fan

Issues - none of these are major but I want to have full disclosure here. Its a 23 year old camper, it isn’t perfect

• Roof paneling looks rough. I’ve had no leaks when closed, but I have not camped in any really bad rain.
  • Rear door trim shows marks from having to pry it open once. Locks work fine (and were replaced with the version that disable the “my 3 year old locked me out of the camper” feature)
  • Paint is coming off of the corner trim in places. The trim beneath seems to be galvanized and I am not seeing any corrosion. I’ve replaced most of the trim screws with new stainless screws at this point. I’d meant to repaint the trim at some point …
  • One of the curtains has some water damage from driving in the rain when the window wasn’t totally closed. The curtains are old and funky and replacing them was another project I just never got to.
  • Wood flooring is pretty scratched up. I kept a carpet on it.

Fit Notes:

• Fits full size trucks with a 6.5’ bed (I have it on a 2012 Toyota Tundra double cab short bed).
  • Newer trucks will likely need a platform to raise the camper up for bed side clearance. I have a crude wooden platform that works in my Tundra which has a 22” deep bed. I made a sketch (see photos link) that should have all the dimensions needed to figure out how it will fit your truck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998