SOLD - 2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L.Bean (SF Bay Area, California)

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
All stock, well cared for and regularly serviced, 3,000-mile oil changes, never taken off road. This Outback has been my 75-year-old mother's car for the last 10 years, so it has been babied. If I didn't already have too many other automotive projects and a home remodel going on right now, I would be putting a lift kit and all terrain tires under it and having my own fun with it. Since now is not the right time for that, I'm hoping that an ExPo member might find that this is exactly the car they've been looking for.

2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean Edition
163,000 miles
Automatic transmission
All-Wheel-Drive
3.0-liter flat-6 engine (212hp, 210ft.lbs.)
16-inch wheels with 4 new Michelin Defender T+H
Automatic heater/AC
CD stereo
Powered, heated, leather seats
Powered, heated mirrors
Heated windshield
Dual sunroofs
Roof rails

Although it has the typical few door dings and minor scratches that you would expect of a car its age, I think this one is overall in much better condition than you'll be able to find anywhere; more akin to a car half its mileage. The condition of its leather seating surfaces attests to the light wear and tear this car has been subjected to. Everything is fully operational, no noise from the suspension, steering tracks straight and true, no exhaust leaks, transmission shifts well with good torque converter lockup. It has recently had a new power steering pump and drive belt installed after the old one got noisy. Never in any crashes.

We had a thorough mechanic's inspection 3,000 miles ago with the following all passing their inspection:

Road Test Symptoms✓
Interior Lights✓
Exterior Lights✓
Wiper Blades✓
Blower Motor Speeds And Blend Door Operation✓
Heater✓
Exhaust Leaks✓
Ignition Key/Lock✓
Horn✓
Hood/Hatch Shocks✓
Check For Diagnostic Trouble Codes✓
Ignition Maintenance Condition✓
Cabin Filter✓
Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve✓
Fuel Filter✓
Spark Plugs✓
Ignition Coil✓
Valve Adjustment✓
Mileage Interval Vehicle Inspection
Fluids/Leaks✓
Engine Oil Condition✓
Automatic Transmission Fluid✓
Power Steering Fluid✓
Brake Master/Brake System✓
Fuel Leak✓ Windshield Washer✓
Transfer Case✓
Front Differential✓
Rear Differential✓
Belts/CV Axles/U-Joints✓
Fuel Level✓
Serpentine Belt✓
Belt Tensioner✓
Universal Joints✓
Brakes/Tires✓
ABS/FWD/HB/HV✓
2WD/4WD/AWD✓
Rotor/Drum Quality (Visual)✓
Wheel Cylinders✓
Motor Mounts✓
Nose Dive✓
Acceleration Squat✓
Steering✓
Suspension✓
Tire Pressures PSI✓

Valve cover gaskets are seeping engine oil, but not badly enough yet to leave drips on the ground. The front CV boots are leaking grease. The struts are original so they ought to be replaced. The cargo area carpet has some stains. Mud flaps and the underside of the bumpers have scratches. It's rated to tow 2,000lb. but it does not have a receiver hitch.

Located in Concord, California (San Francisco Bay Area)
Easily passed California smog check. Clean title.

$4000

I work graveyard shift so the best way to reach me is to send a private message with your contact information and allow me to call or write back to you once I'm awake in the evening.
Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if there's anything I forgot to list above.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger