(SOLD) 2006 Dodge Power Wagon

brogo

Selling my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon located in Santa Fe, NM. Asking 17K OBO.

Here's a great article on what makes a 3rd Gen Power Wagon so special, plus a video I did about the truck for Outside Magazine:
https://www.autotrader.com/oversteer/ram-2500-power-wagon-nobody-knows-about

The highlights:
-Built on the 2500 series frame.
-4.56 ring and pinion gearing front and rear.
-TracRite GTL locker in rear and TracRite EL locker in the front w/ in-cab controls.
-2" factory lift.
-Electronic in-cab sway bar (AAM Smart Bar) disconnect for 32" of articulation.
-Undercarriage skid plates for steering damper, transfer case and fuel tank.
-Fore and aft skid bars between skid plates.
-12,000 pound Warn winch.
-Special fuel mapping for softened throttle response in 4-Low for better control/crawling.
-160 amp alternator and 750 amp battery.
-34 gallon fuel tank.
-max payload 2,250 pounds.
-max towing 10,600 pounds.
-NV271 transfer case.
-5-45RFE auto trans.

The 3rd generation Power Wagon is the most sought after for its combination of 4.56 gears and the 5.7 hemi. Overall global production numbers for 3rd generation Power Wagon 2005-2009 was 6,163. There are very few of these trucks left. Mine came with all of the options, including the factory rock sliders, as well as the Power Wagon recovery bag and gloves, which is a bit of a collectors item these days.

This truck has 124,774 miles on it and is in good shape for the year (normal scuffs and light scratches typical of a 16-year-old truck). It’s a New Mexico truck so there’s no rust, but there is some sun fading on the hood and roof, where the clear coat is peeling (typical spots for Dodge trucks of the era).

Mechanically the truck is in good shape. I’ve done quite a bit of work to it and have receipts and maintenance logs (also have the previous owners' maintenance records). Recent work includes:

- new fuel evaporative canister
- new exhaust manifold studs
- new fuel pump
- new spark plugs
- new injectors
- new ball joints at 90k miles
- new transmission at 70k miles
- new battery at 115K
- full synthetic oil change at 124k
- Fresh detail

I've also added the following to the truck:

- 35x12.5in Toyo ATiii tires (they've got about 10-15k miles on them)
- Decked drawer system
- Softtopper canvas camper shell
- lightforce HTX2 driving lights
- New pioneer deck with Apple CarPlay and integrated backup and front camera
- locking tailgate
- soft open tailgate
- redarc trailer brake controller
- mountain hatch tailgate cover
- husky floor liners
- midland radio
- VIAR on board air compressor system with in-cab controls (allows you to easily air up your tires, run air tools, etc.)
- Thuren front track bar
- Fox 2.0 shocks front and rear

I've kept up with regular maintenance and addressed issues as they've come along (see the list above), and have addressed just about everything that the truck needed except for a slight rear axle seal leak. With all of the additions the truck feels much more modern. It’s absolutely unstoppable off road, and if you’re looking for an overlanding or hunting/camping/off road truck, it’s tough to beat this one.

Asking 17K OBO. CL ad with more photos: https://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-fe-2006-dodge-power-wagon/7459439084.html
IMG_4829.jpgIMG_4831.jpgIMG_4822.jpgIMG_4819.jpgIMG_4818.jpgIMG_4807.jpgIMG_4802.jpgIMG_4777.jpgIMG_4785-2.jpg

35xj

Adventurer
I have the same truck. Just turned 100k. Great truck. Thuren front coils and 37’s. It’s perfect. Smaller than the current big trucks. And cheaper than a used tacoma, and factory built!
No brainer

ThePartyWagon

I'd be all over this if I had already sold my other toys. The plan is to find something like a PW later this summer. Right mileage, right price, the location is even right. I'll keep an eye on this one. GLWS.

Edit: Are the stains reflected in the seats pre or post interior detail?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle