SOLD!!! 2006 Earthroamer XV-LT #35 SOLD!!!

taylor3633

Observer
After three+ years of enjoyment I am putting my 2006 Earthroamer XV-LT #35 up for sale as I have purchased a newer one! I purchased #35 in 2020 off of this very forum, I was the first person to reply "I'll take it" to a posting that seemed too good to be true. It was true and it was good. After flying and driving #35 from San Diego area to Big Sky, MT I set about baselining, fixing and upgrading what was a relatively clean and well maintained but somewhat forgotten Roamer. Because I bought at a great price, and because I loved my new roamer, I often opted to replace rather then repair 15+ year old parts and equipment. What I am now selling is a well used and loved Roamer that is ready to be enjoyed for years (and miles) to come.

ER #35 comes with a folder that is a complete set of invoices for what appear to be all parts and services.

Asking price:: $150,000 obo
Pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqq3498993m2gs7/AACFsds0nkj9mwDIh7kB4XEca?dl=0 More available upon request!

Specs:

2006 Earthroamer XV-LT #35

6.0 diesel (bulletproofed, see attached invoice) with 136,461 miles.

ER#35 includes all of the standard ER items.

Upgrades/Fixes/Etc. (Factory and Seller)

- Front and rear Warn winches (Factory)

- Replaced failed air compressor with new (Oasis XD2000)

- Replaced Espar Air and Hydronic heaters with new

- Replaced Cassette toilet with new

- Removed diesel stove top, converted top (blank) drawer to functioning drawer to house portable induction cooktop, filled countertop space with HDPE cutting board material

- Replaced loud/failing fridge with new Vitrifrigo unit

- Raptor-lined camper body (white) and all rockers (black)

- Fabricated steel dual swing away boxes and rear bumper

- Replaced driver and passenger seats with Scheel-Mann w/ heat and net map storage

- Full mechanical baselining to include new King Shocks, brakes, tires, bulletproofing, on and on.... (invoices attached.

- Full lithium battery upgrade (2x 300ah self heated batteries with 10 year warranty) including Victron solar controller, inverter/charger, Cerbo GX control panel, etc. (invoice attached)

- Doubled the insulation and size of heat pad for the water tank

Known issues:

- The camper door is fully functional but a known issues on the XV-LT. Mine works fine but not perfectly. I wish there was an off-the-shelf way to just replace it with new.

- A couple of the window screens/solar shades are not in perfect shape

- The water tank and grey water tank monitor doesn't work well. I have the parts to integrate tank monitoring with the Cerbo GX but from what I can tell the install may be above my head (I won't be doing it but will include the parts)

- Truck cab carpeting shows wear

- Millwork shows wear

- Electric awning was turned into a manual awning courtesy of the cliff walls on the White Rim Trail. It was either an electric to manual awning conversion or a submarine conversion of the ER.

The condition of #35 is consistent with its age and mileage but it has been baselined mechanically and received replacement parts without concern for cost. I love this rig and it has taken me several places and been a joy to own.

Price: $150,000 obo

Attachments

• Invoice-20269-Invoice-1.pdf
    303.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Reactions: zip

morbis

My parents have one of the early model LT Earthroamers with 180k miles on in and climbing. I know there is a lot of hype around these things...with good reason.

A few thoughts:
* I think the LT is the sweet spot regarding interior space vs. overall vehicle length. There is a ton of storage throughout the vehicle, yet it's short enough to be manageable around town.
* This has enough interior space for 2 people to boondock for long periods. Truly functional.
* The width of these is only out to the cab, not the 8'+ width of most RVs. This makes navigating narrow roads way easier.
* Don't undervalue the Earthroamer forum. You have hundreds of other owners using and upgrading similar vehicles. It's a great support network for troubleshooting and upgrading.
* This one has upgrades that address the weak points of earlier models and will save a potential buyer a lot of money in inevitable upgrades. The lithium batteries are a game changer. I would also consider the induction cooktop and new fridge as essential upgrades.

All-in-all, a great deal. The buyer will be very pleased.

taylor3633

Observer
Thanks for sharing your thoughts morbis, I couldn't have said it better myself! ER #35 was a blast to own and the fact that I upgraded to #216 shows the love that I have for the ER platform.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
WOW!
That went fast.
Glad it worked out, and congrats to the new owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78