SOLD 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE w/ HD pkg

SMD

Adventurer
SOLD SOLD 2006 LR3 HSE, $11,750

Chawton white with tan interior
Original owner with all records and receipts
Loaded. If I remember correctly, the only thing we didn't include when buying this vehicle was the rear overhead DVD system:
- HD package with the stock rear locker
- Harmon Kardon audio system
- Nav system
- F/R park distance sensors
- 7 seat
- full size spare
- 125k miles (roughly)

Most of the usual problems have been addressed in recent years...
- rear parking brake problems addressed (replaced) within last year or so
- rear upper tailgate latch failed... fixed and beefed up per one of the many forum threads on Disco3.co.uk
- that little plastic coolant bleed valve on top of the engine has been replaced
- original Hitachi compressor (air suspension) replaced recently with new AMK unit (software updated, too)

Other good stuff:
- GAP IID tool included (paired to this vehicle)
- Haynes Discovery3 book included. Yes, it's for a diesel, but all the other info for trim, suspension, etc is very helpful
- battery replaced last year

A few bad things:
- rear brake pads are getting close to needing replacement
- thermostat housing seems to have a slight crack in it... should be replaced sooner rather than later
- engine belt should be replaced around the same time
- a few marker bulbs need replacing (unless I get to them before the sale)
- very minor damage to front bumper due to a bad job of parallel parking by another person. I never bothered fixing it since I was planning to eventually scratch it up on trails and/or add an ARB bumper.

Wondering why I'm selling it? Pretty simple actually... bought it with the intention that my wife would drive it until I was ready to replace my D1 with this D3. She finally tired of driving the D3 and wanted something new, so we bought her a new little SUV. The problem is that I just can't bear to part with my D1. The D1 needs tons of work, but after all the trips and memories I'm just not ready to sell it. I don't need 3 cars (I have a MINI for most of my every day driving), so something needs to go. Plus shuffling the cars in the morning to dig out the D1 once a week is getting old.

Located in Pensacola, FL.

Last edited:

SMD

Adventurer
Thanks! I'm only listing it here for now because I want it to find a good home that will make the most of its capabilities...

bikerjosh

Explorer
Wish you were on the West Coast. Selling our Honda Odyssey, trying to convince my SO, who wants an SUV to cart my daughter around that an LR3 would fit the bill. Tough to find one with the HD package.
GLWS

SMD

Adventurer
Wish you were on the West Coast. Selling our Honda Odyssey, trying to convince my SO, who wants an SUV to cart my daughter around that an LR3 would fit the bill. Tough to find one with the HD package.
GLWS

Thank you. Yeah, it's been a great vehicle for my 7yo to grow older in. Hope you can eventually find one out west.

Boultman

Still for sale?
What condition are the tires in?
With the minor issues you listed, are you confident it could make the long drive down I-10 to the Greater Houston Area?

Strizzo

Explorer
Still for sale?
What condition are the tires in?
With the minor issues you listed, are you confident it could make the long drive down I-10 to the Greater Houston Area?

it can't be any worse than your last LR, at least this one will do the speed limit. Do it, before i try to talk the wife into selling her volvo for it.

Boultman

True! I miss that Rover... I'm now looking for something that can get my family and I to the Hill Country and Colorado in Comfort, but still get us to the hard-to-reach places.
It would replace my wife's Jetta TDI and quite the MPG downgrade.

Thieu

Gas is at $2.50 right now, perfect time to upgrade.

Great price and great platform. Can't wait until I can steal the wife's LR4.

SMD

Adventurer
Sale is pending. Thanks for everyone's interest. I'll update this thread once sold, or if current pending sale falls through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger