SOLD - 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 (86k miles) - $14.9k

KyleRies

SOLD - For sale is my 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE V8, 86k miles

This truck is currently located in Colorado Springs, CO.

Asking price $14,900. Ideally would like to sell it w/ everything listed below since I'm not sure how much (if any), I'll be able to transition to the new rig.

Aftermarket Spec List:

• Johnson Rods
  • Custom Removable Roof Rack
  • Hard Mounted Goal Zero Solar Panels (60w total)
  • Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator
  • Rear Platform
  • Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/65/R18
  • Bull Bar + Skid Plate + Aux Lighting

OEM Spec List (Options) (http://www.cars.com/land-rover/lr3/2006/standard-equipment/)

• Factory Nav
  • Headlight cleaning
  • Fog Lights
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Reverse sensing system
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Heated windshields
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror and garage transmitter

Maintenance History:

• Regularly maintained at Land Rover dealerships, with a full folder of receipts/records back to 2010/33k miles (unfortunately, no records from the original owner).
  • Throttle body, Mass airflow sensor, and thermostat and housing replaced at 80k miles
  • New rear diff installed at 70k miles
  • Power steering pump replaced at 60k miles
  • Lower control arm bushings and tie rod ends replaced at 60k miles
  • Replaced transmission connector sleeve and pan at 75k miles
  • Replaced fan clutch assembly at 50k miles

Caveats:
  • Paint chips on the hood and grill (mostly from not being the lead on gravel roads - shoulda wore a bra!)
  • Rear driver side door locking mechanism needs to be opened with the door handle to open it
  • Windshield chip in lower right corner (about the size of a quarter)

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

PM me if interested!

Last edited:

KyleRies

Uffda - sorry all - life got a little busy, but the rig is still for sale and I'm able to keep tabs on this thread a bit more diligently! Dropped the price to $15.5k on account of having a new decent sized chip in the lower right corner of the front windshield.

Outwardbound

Observer
A couple questions: Asking on the forum and not PM since others might have same questions.

1-Is the adjustable air suspension still fully functional or has it been replaced with springs/shocks? Any repairs/issues with it since you've owned it?

2- Is there a tow hitch?

3- Any water/leaking damage from the sunroof (as they're notorious for)?

4- What battery are you running given the ARB fridge and extra lighting? Do the Goal Zero solars offset the power draw enough to prevent battery drain?

5-Is the rear platform removable for use of the third row seats?

Thanks.

KyleRies

1-Is the adjustable air suspension still fully functional or has it been replaced with springs/shocks? Any repairs/issues with it since you've owned it? KLR - The air suspension is still fully functional and there have been no issues with it since I've owned it.

2- Is there a tow hitch? KLR - Yes, the OEM hitch and keys are included and work well.

3- Any water/leaking damage from the sunroof (as they're notorious for)? KLR - There is no water/leaking damage from the sunroof.

4- What battery are you running given the ARB fridge and extra lighting? Do the Goal Zero solars offset the power draw enough to prevent battery drain? KLR - I have the two panels hooked up to a Yeti 400 in the rear of the vehicle, completely independent from the vehicle's electric system. On a two month trip from CO to the Pacific NW, the battery struggled to keep up on hot days and during stretches of cloudy days. I would suggest an additional panel and perhaps a second battery depending on the conditions you expect to camp in most. Having said that, the existing setup works great in, for example, the high rockies where the temps are generally cooler and the sun shines bright. :)

5-Is the rear platform removable for use of the third row seats? KLR - The rear platform is removable (currently anchored via turnbuckles), however this truck does not have the third row of seats. Instead, there is a rather large storage area that currently has a high-lift jack, recovery gear, shovel, and other things of that nature that (fortunately) are not frequently accessed.

Thanks for asking - let me know if you have any other questions!

Outwardbound

Observer
1-Is the adjustable air suspension still fully functional or has it been replaced with springs/shocks? Any repairs/issues with it since you've owned it? KLR - The air suspension is still fully functional and there have been no issues with it since I've owned it.

2- Is there a tow hitch? KLR - Yes, the OEM hitch and keys are included and work well.

3- Any water/leaking damage from the sunroof (as they're notorious for)? KLR - There is no water/leaking damage from the sunroof.

4- What battery are you running given the ARB fridge and extra lighting? Do the Goal Zero solars offset the power draw enough to prevent battery drain? KLR - I have the two panels hooked up to a Yeti 400 in the rear of the vehicle, completely independent from the vehicle's electric system. On a two month trip from CO to the Pacific NW, the battery struggled to keep up on hot days and during stretches of cloudy days. I would suggest an additional panel and perhaps a second battery depending on the conditions you expect to camp in most. Having said that, the existing setup works great in, for example, the high rockies where the temps are generally cooler and the sun shines bright. :)

5-Is the rear platform removable for use of the third row seats? KLR - The rear platform is removable (currently anchored via turnbuckles), however this truck does not have the third row of seats. Instead, there is a rather large storage area that currently has a high-lift jack, recovery gear, shovel, and other things of that nature that (fortunately) are not frequently accessed.

Thanks for asking - let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the detailed response! I am looking for something with three rows to replace my 4runner trailer otherwise this might be a win for me.

GLWS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger