Mileage: 230k
Clean title
VIN: 5TBBT44136S483525
Non-smoker

Highlights:
  • Front/Rear ARB air lockers
  • Regeared to 4.88
  • Tubbed for 35s (tires are nearly new)
  • Boxed rear customized frame to fit a full spare under the bed and long travel bypasses
  • Custom front/rear bumpers with winch
  • Full length bed drawers and bed slide
  • Custom internal skeleton connecting XL RTT to bedsides
  • MUCH MORE detailed below
I posted a build thread with a ton of trip photos here.

I'm selling my beloved 2006 Tundra. She's been a part of the family for 12 years now and sadly, with two kids we just don't fit in the truck (or the RTT) anymore. With a custom mid/long travel suspension, and front/rear ARB air lockers, on 35s, it's an incredibly comfortable ride on and off road, with little worry of getting stuck.

Over the years we've made many short and long trips in the truck. She's been nothing but reliable and has never left us stranded. As a former mechanic, I'm very punctual with maintenance, and I have logs for every maintenance item done on the truck going back to when I bought her. This engine/trans combo is known for its legendary reliability.

She runs beautifully. Timing belt, water pump, idlers, etc was done at 200k. Only issue is a small power steering pump leak. Just smogged and registered.

May consider a partial trade for a cheap car or a dirt bike for my wife (250cc). Not looking to part anything out at this time.

Here are the specs:
Front Suspension:
  • Fox 2.5 coilovers w/ remote reservoirs
  • Total Chaos UCAs
  • Total Chaos Secondary Hoops
  • Fox 2.5 bypasses
  • Fox 2.0 x 2" air bumps
  • Total Chaos Diff Drop
  • Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings
  • Welded spindle gussets
  • Polyurethane Steering Rack Bushings
  • Welded cam tabs
Rear Suspension:
  • Archive Garage Deaver Leaf Spring Pack
  • King 2.5 x 12" bypasses w/ remote reservoirs and compression clickers, custom made
  • Fox 2.5 x 4" air bumps
  • Archive Garage Leaf Spring Hammer Hangers
Drivetrain:
  • Regeared to 4.88
  • Front and Rear ARB air lockers
Chassis and Other Mods:
  • Fully boxed frame from cab back
  • Custom rear tubular frame - allows larger bypass shock and fitment of a 35" spare under the bed, with no cutting into the bed
  • Rear brake proportioning valve delete, all new hard lines from ABS controller back, controlled by a manual Wilwood proportioning valve under the hood.
  • Custom front and rear bumpers
  • Stubbs Welding Rock Sliders
  • Smittybilt XRC 9,500 lb winch with synthetic line
  • Custom front roof rack (used primarily for firewood)
  • Snugtop color matched camper shell, with pass through slider and full hinge down window for easy cleaning
  • Full length drawers in bed of truck
  • Full length slide out in bed of truck with Ancra quick release tracks for strapping stuff down
  • 48" Hi-Lift in mount on inside of bed
  • Rotopax 3 gallon water container
  • Custom tubular frame for RTT on top of camper shell (all loads from RTT run to bedside - nothing on the shell)
  • Smittybilt XL RTT
  • Smittybilt 6' Awning
Lighting:
  • 20" wide angle light bar on bumper
  • 20" spot light bar on roof
  • 2x side facing light pods on bumper
  • LED hedlights
  • Lights in tailgate connected to reverse, also can be turned on by separate switch
  • Two sets of bed lights - one lower set connected to cab lights and a secondary switch in the bed, one upper set in bed are controlled by a dimmer switch in the bed
  • Front roof rack has a light connected to cab lighting
Electrical:
  • Two 100A breakers are connected to a fuse panel under the hood and another next to the rear seat
  • Odyssey size 31 deep cycle battery (the largest battery you can buy)
  • Twist lock connector in bed for ARB fridge
  • Multiple 12V cigarette lighter outlets and USB outlets in bed
  • Wired for CB radio, HAM radio, and SiriusXM radio. Antennas are on front roof rack, connected through waterproof fittings to cab and terminate behind the dash. Ethernet connections for remote face HAM radio style.
  • ARB air compressor mounted under hood
  • Train horn under hood
  • Ultrasonic pest repeller (if camping around mice - this just WORKS to keep them out of your engine)
  • Yellow Box Speedometer calibrator - currently accurate to 0.1 miles per 100 miles.
  • Wired for Garmin GPS on driver's A-pillar
Stereo:
  • ATOTO Double din stereo w/ wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play (Gaia w/ Android Auto is incredible for offroad GPS)
  • Stock speakers replaced with Bose 3-way speakers
  • Kenwood 400W amp under driver's seat
  • Clarion 400W 10" subwoofer under rear seat
Wheels & Tires:
  • BFG KO2 315-75-16 (metric equivalent to 35" x 12.5")
  • Stock wheels painted - can't beat the durability of steel wheels
  • Full size spare under bed
  • "Tubbed" to fit 35" up front without lifting the truck sky-high. Only very minor rubbing on the frame at full lock
  • Spidertrax wheel spacers on front
  • ARB air compressor
Engine:
  • AEM Dryflow Cold Air Intake
  • Custom windshield washer fluid reservoir (to clear tires)
  • Kept the engine stock - the 4.7L makes plenty of power and I didn't want to effect reliability
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see any additional photos.

PXL_20231205_235043041.jpg

PXL_20231205_235123131.jpg

PXL_20231205_225539991.jpg

PXL_20231205_235308062.jpg

PXL_20231205_235327123.jpg

PXL_20231205_235343866.jpg

PXL_20231205_230203173.jpg

PXL_20231205_203559256.jpg

PXL_20231205_235623670.jpg

Last edited:

igrip

Your trip pictures are truly inspirational. I love every one of them and am drooling at your lifetime of adventures.

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
Your trip pictures are truly inspirational. I love every one of them and am drooling at your lifetime of adventures.
Thanks!! So many good memories, going through all the old pictures made it even harder to sell. I also loved seeing the transition of the truck from just the wife and I, to wife + dogs and I, to wife + kids + dog and I. Lots of great memories.

My daughter's first off road/camping trip she was 2 weeks old. Then at 6 weeks we went on a 16 day trip through the Sierras, Northern CA and into Oregon. The kids absolutely love it and look forward to our adventures.

I bought a 2022 RAM 1500 Rebel and while I enjoy the comfort, room, towing capacity and power, it doesn't have the same "let's go in the middle of nowhere camping" feel as the Tundra. Nor does it have the ride or capability of the Tundra. I wish I could keep both.

Unimog42

View attachment 810790

2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4x4

Price: Asking $25k
Mileage: 230k
Clean title
VIN: 5TBBT44136S483525
Non-smoker

Highlights:
  • Front/Rear ARB air lockers
  • Regeared to 4.88
  • Tubbed for 35s (tires are nearly new)
  • Boxed rear customized frame to fit a full spare under the bed and long travel bypasses
  • Custom front/rear bumpers with winch
  • Full length bed drawers and bed slide
  • Custom internal skeleton connecting XL RTT to bedsides
  • MUCH MORE detailed below
I posted a build thread with a ton of trip photos here.

I'm selling my beloved 2006 Tundra. She's been a part of the family for 12 years now and sadly, with two kids we just don't fit in the truck (or the RTT) anymore. With a custom mid/long travel suspension, and front/rear ARB air lockers, on 35s, it's an incredibly comfortable ride on and off road, with little worry of getting stuck.

Over the years we've made many short and long trips in the truck. She's been nothing but reliable and has never left us stranded. As a former mechanic, I'm very punctual with maintenance, and I have logs for every maintenance item done on the truck going back to when I bought her. This engine/trans combo is known for its legendary reliability.

She runs beautifully. Timing belt, water pump, idlers, etc was done at 200k. Only issue is a small power steering pump leak. Just smogged and registered.

Asking $30k. May consider a partial trade for a cheap car or a dirt bike for my wife (250cc). Not looking to part anything out at this time.

Here are the specs:
Front Suspension:
  • Fox 2.5 coilovers w/ remote reservoirs
  • Total Chaos UCAs
  • Total Chaos Secondary Hoops
  • Fox 2.5 bypasses
  • Fox 2.0 x 2" air bumps
  • Total Chaos Diff Drop
  • Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushings
  • Welded spindle gussets
  • Polyurethane Steering Rack Bushings
  • Welded cam tabs
Rear Suspension:
  • Archive Garage Deaver Leaf Spring Pack
  • King 2.5 x 12" bypasses w/ remote reservoirs and compression clickers, custom made
  • Fox 2.5 x 4" air bumps
  • Archive Garage Leaf Spring Hammer Hangers
Drivetrain:
  • Regeared to 4.88
  • Front and Rear ARB air lockers
Chassis and Other Mods:
  • Fully boxed frame from cab back
  • Custom rear tubular frame - allows larger bypass shock and fitment of a 35" spare under the bed, with no cutting into the bed
  • Rear brake proportioning valve delete, all new hard lines from ABS controller back, controlled by a manual Wilwood proportioning valve under the hood.
  • Custom front and rear bumpers
  • Stubbs Welding Rock Sliders
  • Smittybilt XRC 9,500 lb winch with synthetic line
  • Custom front roof rack (used primarily for firewood)
  • Snugtop color matched camper shell, with pass through slider and full hinge down window for easy cleaning
  • Full length drawers in bed of truck
  • Full length slide out in bed of truck with Ancra quick release tracks for strapping stuff down
  • 48" Hi-Lift in mount on inside of bed
  • Rotopax 3 gallon water container
  • Custom tubular frame for RTT on top of camper shell (all loads from RTT run to bedside - nothing on the shell)
  • Smittybilt XL RTT
  • Smittybilt 6' Awning
Lighting:
  • 20" wide angle light bar on bumper
  • 20" spot light bar on roof
  • 2x side facing light pods on bumper
  • LED hedlights
  • Lights in tailgate connected to reverse, also can be turned on by separate switch
  • Two sets of bed lights - one lower set connected to cab lights and a secondary switch in the bed, one upper set in bed are controlled by a dimmer switch in the bed
  • Front roof rack has a light connected to cab lighting
Electrical:
  • Two 100A breakers are connected to a fuse panel under the hood and another next to the rear seat
  • Odyssey size 31 deep cycle battery (the largest battery you can buy)
  • Twist lock connector in bed for ARB fridge
  • Multiple 12V cigarette lighter outlets and USB outlets in bed
  • Wired for CB radio, HAM radio, and SiriusXM radio. Antennas are on front roof rack, connected through waterproof fittings to cab and terminate behind the dash. Ethernet connections for remote face HAM radio style.
  • ARB air compressor mounted under hood
  • Train horn under hood
  • Ultrasonic pest repeller (if camping around mice - this just WORKS to keep them out of your engine)
  • Yellow Box Speedometer calibrator - currently accurate to 0.1 miles per 100 miles.
  • Wired for Garmin GPS on driver's A-pillar
Stereo:
  • ATOTO Double din stereo w/ wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play (Gaia w/ Android Auto is incredible for offroad GPS)
  • Stock speakers replaced with Bose 3-way speakers
  • Kenwood 400W amp under driver's seat
  • Clarion 400W 10" subwoofer under rear seat
Wheels & Tires:
  • BFG KO2 315-75-16 (metric equivalent to 35" x 12.5")
  • Stock wheels painted - can't beat the durability of steel wheels
  • Full size spare under bed
  • "Tubbed" to fit 35" up front without lifting the truck sky-high. Only very minor rubbing on the frame at full lock
  • Spidertrax wheel spacers on front
  • ARB air compressor
Engine:
  • AEM Dryflow Cold Air Intake
  • Custom windshield washer fluid reservoir (to clear tires)
  • Kept the engine stock - the 4.7L makes plenty of power and I didn't want to effect reliability
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see any additional photos.

View attachment 810791

View attachment 810792

View attachment 810793

View attachment 810794

View attachment 810795

View attachment 810796

View attachment 810797

View attachment 810798

View attachment 810799

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
Thanks
Super nice rig....It's gotta sell at that #, solid value for sure!
Thanks, yeah I thought it would have sold by now but I think inflation has killed everyone. I'm considering just keeping the truck at this point and using it for fun and saving it for my son. I'm thinking in 10 years I'll regret selling it for this price...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78