SOLD: 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with AT-Overland Habitat

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, MT, Cruise, A/C, 3.8L V-6, 32,200mi Asking $34,500

Located in Tempe, AZ. Contact Jason via email here.

More Pics

Video of tent deployment 2:35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm__s8KWwiY

Video of Habitat Kitchen 1:11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2r4LVt9JE

This is a one-owner Arizona vehicle that has been garage kept. The Jeep was special ordered from the factory in early 2007. I wanted a vehicle that was simple, reliable, and had maximum off road capability yet comfortable to travel in. To that end, it is an Unlimited Rubicon with manual transmission, manual door locks, and manual windows. This vehicle has been 100% reliable and has taken my wife and I all over the SouthWest. It has been properly maintained and was transitioned to full synthetic fluids at 1k miles. All five tires were replaced two years ago at 27k miles with factory 32” BFGoodrich Mud Terrain Tires. Both batteries were replaced last summer.

The living quarters were purchased from and installed by AT Overland. The Habitat tent is enormous – with enough room to sleep 4 adults if desired. The Nemo mattresses and 2P pillow-top make for an incredibly comfortable bed at night. The passenger side rear seat has been removed to make room for the Stage 1 & Stage 2 composite drawer system, 12 gallon water bladder, and 6 liter electric water heater.

The galley – accessible through the rear door - features an ARB 50QT Fridge/Freezer, on a slide, with a partner 2-burner stove mounted underneath. Food preparation is made easy courtesy of the ORTT fold down table installed the tailgate.

Under the hood, two Group 34 Die Hard Platinum batteries provide power to the living systems. Charging of the second battery is controlled automatically by a Cole Hersee Smart Battery Isolator (it functions similarly to a National Luna Smart Charger). Also under the hood is a SPOD for controlling additional electrical accessories(rear light, rock lights, manual battery combiner, air compressor), a Heavy-Duty Albright Solenoid for controlling the winch, and an ExtremeAire Compressor.

For protection, the front bumper was replaced with the AEV unit and includes a 8,000lb Warn winch with synthetic line and safety thimble. The steel factory skid plates have been replaced with ASFIR aluminum skids.

This vehicle is clean, reliable, and ready for your next adventure. Why buy a new Jeep Unlimited Rubicon when you could have a gentle used Jeep with full Habitat comfort for almost the same price?

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4
Exterior Color: Light Graystone Pearl Coat
Interior Color: Dark Slate Gray/ Medium Slate Gray
Engine: 3.8-Liter V6 SMPI
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual Transmission

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
Electronic Stability Program
4-Wheel Disc Anti-lock Brakes
Traction Control
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Electronic Front Sway Bar Disconnect
Next Generation Dana 44 Heavy Duty Front Axle
4:1 Rock-Trac(R) Part-Time 4WD System
4.10 Axle Ratio
Tru-Lok(R) Electronic Locking Frt/Rr Differentials
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
Next Generation Dana 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle
Sentry Key(r) Theft Deterrent System
Speed Control
2 Front Tow Hooks and 1 Rear Tow Hook
Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers

INTERIOR FEATURES
Air Conditioning
Glove Box
Reclining Front Seats
Height-Adjustable Driver’s Seat
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
YES Essentials(R) Stain/Odor Resistant Seat Fabric
Front Seat Area Carpet
AM/FM Stereo Radio w/In-Dash CD Plyr/MP3 Capability
368W 7-Spkr Infinity(R) Sound Sys Incl Subwoofer
Premium Instrument Cluster with Tachometer
Temperature and Compass Gauge
Tilt Steering Column
Sport Bar with Full Padding
Full Metal Doors with Roll-Up Windows
Auxiliary 12-Volt Power Outlet
Rear Compartment Covered Storage

EXTERIOR FEATURES
Sunrider(R) Soft Top
Fog Lamps
Black Rock Rails
Halogen Headlamps
Swing-Away Mirrors
17” Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels
32” BFGoodrich Mud Terrain Tires
Matching Spare Wheel
Full-Size Spare Tire

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 23R
Supplemental Front Seat Side Air Bags
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Black Soft Top
Locking Fuel Filler Cap​

Modifications
Engine Bay:
  • Benchmark Designs Dual Battery Tray
  • 2 Die Hard Platinum AGM Group 34 batteries (1 year old)
  • Cole Hersee Smart Battery Isolator
  • SPOD Power Management for accsy's
  • ExtremeAire 12 Volt Compressor
  • Aluminum Bracket to Mount ExtremeAire between radiator and engine
  • Remote Heavy-Duty Albright Solenoid for Winch
Suspension:
  • AEV 2.5' lift w/ Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets
Exterior:
  • AEV Front bumper w fog lights
  • Warn M8000 Winch w/ Viking Winchline & Safety Thimble
  • Asfir Aluminum Transmission, Transfer Case, and Gas Tank Skid Plates
  • Solid Diff Covers w/ lube lockers
  • Xtorm Rear Light/Antenna Mount
  • Rigid Industries D2 Diffused Rear light
  • LED Rocklights
Interior:
  • Tuffy locking gun drawer under driver's seat A-T Overland Gear Rack
  • Skyjacker Front & Rear Grab Handles
  • Mopar All-Weather Slush Mats
  • A-T Overland JK Seat Belt Mount
  • Two Sea Blue Fuse panels - 1 always HOT & 1 HOT when the ignition is on
  • National Luna Dual Battery Monitor
Living Quarters:
  • AT Overland Habitat Roof top tent
  • Mattress: 2 NEMO Cosmo Insulated Air Sleeping Pad w/ Pillowtop 2P Padded Double Mattress Cover
  • AT Overland JK Composite Storage, Stage 1
  • AT Overland JK Composite Storage, Stage 2
  • AT Overland 12gal Water Bladder (Under Stage 2 Storage)
  • 12V Water Pump, Fast Disconnect External Shower
  • 12V 6 Liter Hot Water Tank
  • AT Overland Combo fridge/stove slide
  • Partner Steel JK Stove
  • ARB 50QT Fridge Freezer
  • AT Overland 10lb propane tank mount
  • LED Lighting (RED & WHITE) - Over the Driver/Passenger Seats, Cargo Area, and Mounted under rear window
  • ORTT fold down table - tailgate mount
  • Two accessory power outlets wired to the house battery
  • MAC’s VersaTie Track on Stage 1 Storage & Hard Top Rails

Items included but not shown in pictures:
  • Factory Soft Top
  • Factory Passenger side rear seat
  • Factory Stereo Subwoofer
  • Daystar Upper Dash Panel
  • Cooltech VersaMount
  • JK Evap Canister relocation kit

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Nice rig! GLWS.

Once again the question of how much are (even terrific) aftermarket mods worth when reselling the rig is the issue. The asking price is very close to the price of a new JKUR.

Grabow

Adventurer
Yeah, except with this fine rig, you would save yourself about 20k if you were looking to build something similar. If you know that you're heading in this direction, it's a no brainer to buy an already outfitted vehicle.

Nice Jeep, GLWS!

zimm

Expedition Leader
Yeah, except with this fine rig, you would save yourself about 20k if you were looking to build something similar. If you know that you're heading in this direction, it's a no brainer to buy an already outfitted vehicle.

Nice Jeep, GLWS!

not true.

for most people its a fiscal decision. you can put 5000 down on a new one and build out piecemeal over a couple years without losing 40,000 in liquidity up front. with modified vehicles, especially in this segment, a few years after you build it, you end up with an 8 year old product that your resale target market doesnt have the available cash for the purchase, and cant finance something a bank wont see the value in. they see an 8yo jeep, cause thats all it is to them, if you walk. look at those that have 40,000 they dont care about, and ask yourself how many of them want 2007 jeeps.

maintaining liquidity is more important to financial security than saving a couple bucks by front ending 100% of the investment.

THATS the sellers uphill battle when if deciding to cash out of this hobby.

nlscooby

Observer
Zimm,
Extremely well said. This is the very challenge we all face with any modified vehicle. I've been there on both the buying and selling side with highly modified vehicles and have also found this to be true of "classic" cars where financing options for potential buyers are limited.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
You all make decent points. I would suggest that this not the appropriate place to be having this discussion while this guy is trying to sell his rig. If you disagree with the price he's asking, just move on to the next post. Don't make it tougher for him to sell. Nice Jeep BTW.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
If you disagree with the price he's asking, just move on to the next post. Don't make it tougher for him to sell. Nice Jeep BTW.
Indeed, negative comments about vehicles for sale by ExPo members are specifically not allowed under the Use Agreement, so regardless of personal opinion, criticisms shouldn't be posted. Now, whether these particular comments are negative to this Jeep or just reasonable general observations seems a close call, for sure. But unlike many forums, I think we generally want sales go well for our fellow inmates.

Nice Jeep, I agree.

Last edited:

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Wow in very nice shape and well thought out.

I can guarantee you that 99% of the people out there would not be able to get close to what is here. EVEN if they went to a supplier that had all the gear in one place and guided them by the hand to select it they would not get close to what is here once they tried to install it.

Well worth the price and a great time to buy as you could head out as soon as you got it, try that with building your own!

Clymber

Adventurer
I HATE YOU where was this when i was looking for a nice rig, i would have been more than willing to fly to it and drive it home
grrrrrrrrrr

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Mike, you know your stable needs another Jeep ;) It would be interesting to see what Paul would do with all that canvas on the Habitat.
Paul would fiberglass it for sure. It's his job; it's what he does. ;)

So, wait . . . is your proposal that I buy another Jeep Wrangler, one that's really, really close--year, color, mods, concept--to the Jeep I already have!? Good grief, we'd take them somewhere and look like the Bobbsey Twins. Like those matching sleeper sets you buy twin toddlers. Like identical "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts. This is your idea of a good plan!?

Oh . . . okay . . . I can see it. I'll give it some thought. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger