Sold--2009 2-Door Rubicon Overland Vehicle--Supercharged

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Man, that is a sweet little Jeep. I would so love to tell you "I'll take it!" Unfortunately, I can't fit in the first gen JK's. That interior is not well suited for a man with knees.... well, a tall man anyway :)

Good luck with the sale, that is a super nice build.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I'm curious, did you do the 5:13's before adding the Supercharger? What does the truck feel like with the supercharger? How does it compare to the stock 3.8 motor in your newer JKU?

Rexjc

Man, that is a sweet little Jeep. I would so love to tell you "I'll take it!" Unfortunately, I can't fit in the first gen JK's. That interior is not well suited for a man with knees.... well, a tall man anyway :)

Good luck with the sale, that is a super nice build.

Thanks. Understand the issue. I'm 5'9" and the JK feels fine to me, but a friend of mine is 6'5" and the JK just wont work for him. We made a long day trip up to Joshua Tree and I had to keep stopping so he could get out and stretch his legs.

Last edited:

Rexjc

+1

Rex - can't wait to see the new build thread, although you know I'm partial to white Jeeps.

I do know how partial you are to white Jeeps. Me too. This is the first non-white vehicle that I've had in a long time. The Orange Crush Jeep is a big change, but it does look pretty sweet sitting in my garage.

Attachments

• IMG_1620-1.jpg
    IMG_1620-1.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 147

Rexjc

I'm curious, did you do the 5:13's before adding the Supercharger? What does the truck feel like with the supercharger? How does it compare to the stock 3.8 motor in your newer JKU?

Added the 5:13 gearing before adding the Magnuson supercharger. The 5:13's are a nice combination with the 35" tires. They came in especially handy when running the Dusy-Ershim trail last year. Without the supercharger, the Jeep runs fine in most off road conditions. It's running at highway speeds where the 3.8 engine feels underpowered. The Magnuson SC adds about 40 horsepower and 30% more torque. You really appreciate the added torque when running on sand or soft washes. The added horsepower is most noticeable during your daily driving. With the SC, you can now merge onto the highway with confidence, pass semi trucks and even cruise in the fast lane. The SC allows you to drive the JK drive like a regular car. I liken it to having the same feeling of power as my wife's Tahoe. The 3.8 engine also operates at a lower rpm than the 3.6 motor, so it tends to run quieter. The JeepSwag muffler that I installed is super quite and the BFG KM2 tires have extremely nice road manners for a mud terrain tire. This JK is very comfortable to drive.

Last edited:

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Good luck on the sale!

Someone will get a well thought out rig built with quality parts.

Look forward to hearing about your new setup.

whammo

I'm really looking forward to the day when the wife and I can put all of our random crap in storage and fly and drive a rig like this for the forseable future.
Until then it's nice to know there are rigs like this out there that will make someone very happy.
GLWS
Josh in SF.

Rexjc

Price Reduced

Price Reduced to $41,500 (OBO). Let me know if you have any questions about the Jeep.

Rexjc

Still watching/thinking about this beautiful rig.

It's still available and waiting to go on a road trip. I'm thinking that Kirkland would be a nice destination. PM me if you have any questions or need additional information. Good luck with the Super Bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_1754-1.jpg
    IMG_1754-1.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1696-1.jpg
    IMG_1696-1.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1700-1.jpg
    IMG_1700-1.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1722-1.jpg
    IMG_1722-1.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1726-1.jpg
    IMG_1726-1.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1718-1.jpg
    IMG_1718-1.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 140

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Great looking rig. I've got a '13 2 door and like it quiet a bit. Do you have a write up or info on the roof rails and how they are attached? Are the yakima bars just on the rear roof piece or is the front bar also mounted to the freedom top? I'd like to run a roof rack but don't know that a Gobi or full exo style rack is in the budget. I also wasn't sure that the hard top could support the weight of a rack and rtt with a large grown man in it, I'd love to have my understanding changed though.

Rexjc

Great looking rig. I've got a '13 2 door and like it quiet a bit. Do you have a write up or info on the roof rails and how they are attached? Are the yakima bars just on the rear roof piece or is the front bar also mounted to the freedom top? I'd like to run a roof rack but don't know that a Gobi or full exo style rack is in the budget. I also wasn't sure that the hard top could support the weight of a rack and rtt with a large grown man in it, I'd love to have my understanding changed though.

Hi Nate. The Jeep's hard top can support the weight of a roof top tent (RTT) and occupant(s), but how you mount the RTT is the critical element of a successful installation. The Front Runner rack that I have is their Gen1 rack and was originally meant to be mounted to the roof with nutserts and rubber nutsert sleeves. This was not a good solution and proved to be almost disastrous when the ARB RTT that was first installed on the roof rack almost bounced off the top of the Jeep. I had to tie it down with rope to safely make the trip home. To find a better way of mounting the roof rack, I went to a local shop that specializes in all kinds of racks (Rack-It). They suggested installing Yakima roof rails that bolt all the way through the roof with large washers. On their recommendation, I added a layer of 3-M double sided automotive trim tape between the rails and the top of the roof. This has proven to be an effective and safe solution for mounting the roof rack/RTT to the top of the Jeep. I did find that the weight of the RTT was causing the gap between the Jeep's Freedom panels and roof to flex which was leading to strange whistling noises. To solve this, I connected both sections (front/back) of the roof rails with an aluminum rod. This solved the whistling noises but makes it impossible to remove the Freedom panels. One of the best things I did was upgrading to the Autohome Columbus RTT. It is lighter than the ARB style RTT, distributes the weight on the roof much more evenly and is a major improvement in aerodynamics. The ARB RTT felt like having a sail on top of the roof. At highway speeds, you could literally feel it pulling you back. The Autohome RTT slices through wind like a butter knife. It actually feels better than driving a Jeep with nothing on the roof. It is also tremendously easier to set up and take down. Since I purchased my Front Runner Gen1 roof rack, they have come out with a Gen2 rack http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...ack-jeep-wrangler-jk-3-door.html#.VMkdj8ItFaQ This rack mounts via brackets to the interior roll cage and to the front A-pillars which effectively transfers all of the load on the rack to the Jeep's frame and roll cage. This is a far superior solution over the Gen1 racks and the only rack that I would consider today for mounting an RTT on another Jeep. The Front Runner rack is made of aluminum so it is lighter than other racks, won't rust and still allows you to remove the Freedom panels. It also has a full set of nicely designed add-ons and tie downs. My favorite is the stainless steel camp table that slides under the roof rack. It literally takes 10 to 15 seconds to remove and set up. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Rexjc

Just saw this post over on the AEV forum: http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=9201&page=2

Yesterday, 10:05 AM
RubiconRin RubiconRin
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to check this rig out at Overland Expo and was very impressed. Not only the attention to detail and the dream list of upgrades, but the condition of a '09 JK looks nothing remote to this back on the East Coast.

I can defiantly vouch that this JK is as clean if not cleaner than the pictures and whoever is the next owner is one lucky guy!

2015 Unlimited Rubicon
2014 RAM 3500
2007 Unlimited Rubicon

Rexjc

Price Reduced

FYI--Price Reduced to $39,900 (OBO). This is a beautiful JK. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1705-1.jpg
    IMG_1705-1.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 118

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12