SOLD: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU w/ Ursa Minor Top + More

hardwickj

FOR SALE: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU w/ Ursa Minor Top + More

Location: Minneapolis, MN. I've finished my travels out west. Sorry if I missed you!

Description: I made a video walking through (most of) the Jeep. Not shown in the video is the Saris dual-bike rack mounted to the tire holder, which works great and allows for opening the door without having to hassle with the rack/bikes at all. The Jeep has spent most of its life in storage. I bought it, decked it out as such, and then promptly left to travel the world without it (largely for my work). Most mileage is highway miles from numerous trips across the USA.

Again, if anyone is *seriously* interested and would like me to route my trip down the rockies so you could take a look, feel free to reach out to me. I would honestly rather sell this at the end of my trip than to drive across eastern Colorado/Nebraska/Iowa/Minnesota again. I'll be posting more photos of it over the coming weeks during my trip. If you're really interested, just follow me on IG @jamesdh

Here's the laundry list of items I've added onto it:

OEM:
- 2013 Jeep Rubicon JKU w/ ~49k miles and all options (nav, leather, seat heat, Max Tow Package)
- Automatic w/ 3.73 gear ratio

Aftermarket:
- AEV DualSport XT 2.5" Suspension
- AEV Geometry Correction Brackets
- AEV Premium Front Bumper
- AEV Winch Mount
- Warn 9.5cti Winch
- AEV Tire Carrier
- AEV Fuel Caddy (pairs w/ the tire carrier)
- Garvin Trail Rack (custom fitted to the tire carrier)
- 81L AluBox (fits perfectly inside the Garvin Trail Rack)
- AEV Front Skid Plate
- AEV Rear Diff Skid Plate
- AEV JK Procal Module (helps adjust shift points for larger tires)
- BFGoodrich MudTerrain KM2's (~33" "pizza cutters")
- Front Runner Cargo Slide
- Front Runner Interior Rack
- 2x Front Runner Wolf Packs (fit perfectly in rack)
- 2x Front Runner Flat Packs (also fit perfectly)
- MORE Dual Battery Kit w/ dual batteries installed
- National Luna Dual Battery Intelligent Charging System <-- This is awesome, because...
- Engel MT-45F 43qt Fridge/Freezer (super efficient, super quiet fridge/freezer that fits perfectly in the slider and under the rack)
- Optima YellowTop Deep Cycle Secondary Battery (much better for running the fridge/freezer)
- Trailgater Foldable Tailgate Cooktop + Cutting board
- Misch "BigBoy" Driver-side Seat Extender
- Ursa Minor w/ Dual Rear Windows, Thule Aerobar Roofrack, 12v + USB outlets, Rear load bay LED lighting
- Custom rear camera built to work w/ OEM head unit. Jeep does not offer this as an option on Wranglers but it's absolutely necessary due to restricted vision out the rear.

Original Price: $37900
Reduced Price: $34900

Known Problems:
Breaks are almost due for service.

Last edited:

hardwickj

IMG_3115.JPG

hardwickj

A couple more photos of it cleaned up and in my garage (sadly, its primary habitat the past 5 years). The 2nd one here gives you a better idea of the AluBox + Bike Rack setup.

Attachments

• IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2772.jpg
    IMG_2772.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 429

hardwickj

An older photo with the OEM (smaller) set of tires on it. Nice backdrop though!

Attachments

• IMG_2996.jpg
    IMG_2996.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 275

hardwickj

Reduced price from $37900 to $34900. Putting on some miles on this trip (will probably end with ~50k) and also trying to make it move. Also, please don't waste my time (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) unless you know you are seriously capable of purchasing.

Raymond Tulp

FOR SALE: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU w/ Ursa Minor Top + More

Location: Currently - Eastern Sierras, Normally - Minneapolis, MN. I will be traveling throughout the Rockies for the next three weeks in case someone is seriously interested and wants me to swing by!

Description: I made a video walking through (most of) the Jeep. Not shown in the video is the Saris dual-bike rack mounted to the tire holder, which works great and allows for opening the door without having to hassle with the rack/bikes at all. The Jeep has spent most of its life in storage. I bought it, decked it out as such, and then promptly left to travel the world without it (largely for my work). Most mileage is highway miles from numerous trips across the USA.

Again, if anyone is *seriously* interested and would like me to route my trip down the rockies so you could take a look, feel free to reach out to me. I would honestly rather sell this at the end of my trip than to drive across eastern Colorado/Nebraska/Iowa/Minnesota again. I'll be posting more photos of it over the coming weeks during my trip. If you're really interested, just follow me on IG @jamesdh

Here's the laundry list of items I've added onto it:

OEM:
- 2013 Jeep Rubicon JKU w/ ~43k miles and all options (nav, leather, seat heat, Max Tow Package)
- Automatic w/ 3.73 gear ratio

Aftermarket:
- AEV DualSport XT 2.5" Suspension
- AEV Geometry Correction Brackets
- AEV Premium Front Bumper
- AEV Winch Mount
- Warn 9.5cti Winch
- AEV Tire Carrier
- AEV Fuel Caddy (pairs w/ the tire carrier)
- Garvin Trail Rack (custom fitted to the tire carrier)
- 81L AluBox (fits perfectly inside the Garvin Trail Rack)
- AEV Front Skid Plate
- AEV Rear Diff Skid Plate
- AEV JK Procal Module (helps adjust shift points for larger tires)
- BFGoodrich MudTerrain KM2's (~33" "pizza cutters")
- Front Runner Cargo Slide
- Front Runner Interior Rack
- 2x Front Runner Wolf Packs (fit perfectly in rack)
- 2x Front Runner Flat Packs (also fit perfectly)
- MORE Dual Battery Kit w/ dual batteries installed
- National Luna Dual Battery Intelligent Charging System <-- This is awesome, because...
- Engel MT-45F 43qt Fridge/Freezer (super efficient, super quiet fridge/freezer that fits perfectly in the slider and under the rack)
- Optima YellowTop Deep Cycle Secondary Battery (much better for running the fridge/freezer)
- Trailgater Foldable Tailgate Cooktop + Cutting board
- Misch "BigBoy" Driver-side Seat Extender
- Ursa Minor w/ Dual Rear Windows, Thule Aerobar Roofrack, 12v + USB outlets, Rear load bay LED lighting
- Custom rear camera built to work w/ OEM head unit. Jeep does not offer this as an option on Wranglers but it's absolutely necessary due to restricted vision out the rear.

Original Price: $37900
Reduced Price: $34900

Known Problems:
Breaks are almost due for service.
What is the height of the roof line?

hardwickj

@Raymond Tulp The height is ~81" to the load bar attachments, or ~83.75" to the top of the load bars when attached.

Below is a video of the undercarriage. It's fine. You can see some scratches received while off-roading in some rocky terrain, no real rust though. It's been kept in a garage the entirety of its life while in Minnesota. Minimally kept outside when temporarily in Portland and San Fran.

Selling for a number of reasons:
1. It's not worth having in Minnesota. We don't have the public lands here like you guys have out west. Especially if you're looking for mountains or desert. That's why I took it for one last hurrah out west before selling it.
2. Thinking about moving overseas. The Jeep has been in storage most of its life while I ended up traveling all over the world. Fell in love with Berlin and want to be there.
3. Starting a new business and could use the funds to hire another engineer.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

daddylovesky

Cool build! Could you send me some pictures of how you mounted your Garvin Trail Rack to the AEV tire carrier?
It looks like you mounted the trail rack to the AEV light mount and used the trail rack adjustable supports on top of the fuel caddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger