*SOLD* 2016 Toyota Tacoma + AluCab Canopy Camper, Extras

malnick

FOR SALE: 2016 Toyota Tacoma + AluCab Canopy Camper with Upgrades

t16.jpg

Price: $55,000

It's an expensive taco, don't tell me, I know! See bottom of ad for pricing breakdown. If you're interested, let's talk. I'm motivated to sell!

Check out this full walk around video!

This is a 2016 Toyota Tacoma with low miles (48k) plus a fully installed AluCab Canopy Camper (https://ok4wd.com/brands/alucab/canopy-camperhttps://ok4wd.com/brands/alucab/canopy-camper) with all the extras.

The vehicle itself is fully loaded with factory options:
  • JBL Sound
  • Moonroof
  • Leather seats
  • V6
  • Auto trans
  • 4x4
t12.jpg

t18.jpg

The canopy, canopy accessories, and vehicle upgrades were installed professionally at Mule Expedition in Issaqua WA:
  • Power Brake front calipers in red
  • Re-geared axles to 5.29
  • Sherpa roof rack
  • Extreme LED X6S light bar
  • Method 703 wheels in bronze (5x)
  • Toyo AT 285/70/16 5x
  • ARB Nitro Sport Shocks & Struts
  • Dakar heavy leafs
  • Expedition dual battery system with isolator and charge controller
  • Charge controller with solar hookups on the roof and at the bumper (don’t need to park in the sun!)
  • Switch pros 9800 switch panel, drivers side
  • Eaton rear e-locker

Camper accessories (also installed at Mule Expedition):
  • AluCab canopy camper, 6ft bed
  • 270 shadow awning
  • Shower cube
  • 20Ga freshwater tank and external lockable faucet
  • 65GPM water pump and external shower
  • Expedition essentials propane bottle bracket
  • Driver and passenger molle plates on back
  • Custom shelving for dry goods
  • Expedition essentials EXO table on back door with cook partner 18in stove
  • GP factor molle plates on back door
  • Spare tire bracket plus full sized spare mounted

t8.jpg

Truck has been professionally maintained and garage kept. Low miles and in excellent condition. Buy as-is and enjoy an incredibly competent vehicle that can literally get you anywhere.

All non factory upgrades including suspension, brakes, camper, etc were installed this past June, 2021 and have less than 5k miles on them. Clean carfax can be furnished upon request. Single owner. Pink slip in hand. Can make this a simple transaction!

To be 100% transparent about my asking price, my math looks like this:
  • $32-35k for the vehicle itself
    • KBB range for private sale
  • $10k for the vehicle upgrades
    • Regarding to 5.29 + eaton rear e-locker (December 2022, $4000)
    • Nitrosport Shocks, Dakar leafs (June 2021, $4000)
    • Dual battery system + switch panel (June 2021 - $2500)
    • 5x Method 703s + Toyo AT 285's (June 2021, $3000)
    • Power brake front calipers: (June 2021, $2500)
    • Approx total $16,000, which makes my $10k charge here is a little over 38% off equipment with less than 5k miles installed less than a year ago
  • $15k for the camper with accessories not including install (June 2021)
    • New and installed with these accessories this camper runs $25,000+.
    • Camper is less than a year old and garage kept
  • Total asking 35k (truck) + 10k (vehicle upgrades) + 15k (camper) = $60k
If you include the costs associated with getting a lot of this gear installed (labor) and other random stuff like the sherpa rack (over $900 shipped), light bar ($500-something), etc., this price gets you to around $80k out the door. That's why I feel my $60k asking price for a very new build on a low mileage machine is fair, but if this is *the* truck for you and you're super stoked on it, lets figure it out. I'm flexible and open to bartering with serious buyers.

Known Problems: Some minor rubbing on body work on drivers side front tire; noise only, no damage or long term concerns - could be annoying to some, easily fixed with a chop (I'm lazy).

trooper_trailer_jpg.jpg

Attachments

• taco1.jpeg
    taco1.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,041
Last edited:

malnick

10k too high bruh

Always open to feedback on pricing! I'm curious why you're landing at the $10k figure.

To be 100% transparent around my $65k asking price, my math looks like this:
  • $32-35k for the vehicle itself
    • KBB range for private sale
  • $10k for the vehicle upgrades
    • Regarding to 5.29 + eaton rear e-locker (December 2022, $4000)
    • Nitrosport Shocks, Dakar leafs (June 2021, $4000)
    • Dual battery system + switch panel (June 2021 - $2500)
    • 5x Method 703s + Toyo AT 285's (June 2021, $3000)
    • Power brake front calipers: (June 2021, $2500)
    • Approx total $16,000, which makes my $10k charge here is a little over 38% off equipment with less than 5k miles installed less than a year ago
  • $20k for the camper with accessories not including install (June 2021)
    • New and installed with these accessories this camper runs $25,000+.
    • This is where I'm most flexible on discounting, camper is less than a year old and garage kept, so it's not that much of a discount, but happy to barter here, lets talk!
  • Total asking 35k (truck) + 10k (vehicle upgrades) + 20k (camper) = $65k
If you include the costs associated with getting a lot of this gear installed (labor) and other random stuff like my National Luna 50L fridge ($1500), sherpa rack (over $900 shipped), light bar ($500-something), bug out panels ($600), etc., this price gets you to around $80k out the door.

I'm more than happy to work with anyone who wants to check out the vehicle in person and give me a best offer. I know it's a ridiculous amount for a Taco, and I appreciate any constructive feedback to go lower. Thank you!

Last edited:

extremer

Going off this rig that recently sold and I know he was willing to go to 55k.

madcrouton

Going off this rig that recently sold and I know he was willing to go to 55k.

Chiming in quick as I purchased this truck from Rin/OK4WD. I paid the asking price and know that he had a handful of folks (all from the west coast) knocking on his door. I'm glad I was able to get it and at an incredible price no less and we've already gone on a handful of adventures. Sure Malnick's truck isn't from OK4WD but with a full size cab, six foot bed and the rest of the work he's put into it I wouldn't be surprised if he gets mid 60's (especially on the west coast since I had to fly out to Jersey to get mine, and also get it out to the west coast $$$). After all... the right price for this rig is what someone is willing to pay for it! GLWS

Last edited:

reync

Craigslist ad covers several items not in this listing (fridge, Solar panels, etc). Are those included here?

malnick

I wanted to keep the panels and fridge with the price drop but open to discussing! Happy to leave them to make the deal happen.

Mojavejohn

Adventurer
I’ve been planning on building my truck out almost identical to this. Mine is the short bed manual in my avatar photo. I’m considering just buying yours instead. I’d be daily driving it, so what’s your mileage like? Mine is terrible now, so I know you gotta have crap mileage too. This is definitely not a deal breaker, I just want to know what I’m getting into. Why are you selling? What issue do you have with the set up?

malnick

Hey there, I was selling because with a kid on the way, it made sense to look at larger vehicles. I primarily camp, and don’t off road enough to warrant this kind of camper. I originally built it because I owned the truck from the dealer, and wanted more camping options, and it was cheaper to build this out than start from scratch with a van or something else.

Mileage Is what you’d expect :) I get 13-15 on the highway at 75, though the regearing has made it slightly better. I do mileage at the pump by dividing the gas pumped by the mileage from last fill, and not the onboard computer since it’s a pessimistic calculation.

Indowaver

That's a great price. Those mods not only are expensive and a build like that takes a lot of time and planning. This is a turn key situation and I believe a very fair price. Good luck!

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
As the comments have turned to the expense of the mods and time needed to complete I suggest this.

IF you want to find out real quick what these mods are really worth go try and trade/sell this truck at a licensed dealer and see what you are offered by that dealer who has physically in person seen your vehicle.

You will most likely be very disappointed in the offers you receive.

As KOOL as all the mods are automotive professionals place very little if any value on mods as it makes that vehicle much harder to sell to a vastly limited group of buyers. In many situations a dealer will remove and sell separately all the items they remove to make the vehicle appeal to more buyers.

The moral of the story is the "Mo Mods" ya got the greater the chance you will have to retail sell the vehicle yourself to git anywhere near what "You" the seller thinks your vehicle is worth.

Something you should always consider especially when personalizing a new or several year old vehicle with lot's of mods!

You have a very NICE truck for a limited group of buyers. I wish well with your sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12