SOLD - 2021AEV GLADIATOR - 11k Miles - ALUCAB OVERLANDD

sabjku

Observer
Sounds great. Look forward to seeing them. I travel quite a bit out of my Ursa Minor equipped JKU but I’m hunting for my next vehicle. Have many friends with Gladiators with Alucab cabins. I like what I see!

There's a stock market meltdown? Whatever. What I think is going to kill overlanding is when you'll need permits to park/camp anywhere on public lands, all available places to park/camp are occupied, and everywhere is booked for months in advance. Aren't we heading there right now? As for this Jeep, yeah it's sexy but does anyone need all that to go camping?

tommysita

IMG_3585.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3584.jpeg
    IMG_3584.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_3582.jpeg
    IMG_3582.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3580.jpeg
    IMG_3580.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3577.jpeg
    IMG_3577.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:

tommysita

IMG_3575.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3568.jpeg
    IMG_3568.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3570.jpeg
    IMG_3570.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3571.jpeg
    IMG_3571.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3572.jpeg
    IMG_3572.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3573.jpeg
    IMG_3573.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3574.jpeg
    IMG_3574.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 213

jk6661

Observer
There's a stock market meltdown? Whatever. What I think is going to kill overlanding is when you'll need permits to park/camp anywhere on public lands, all available places to park/camp are occupied, and everywhere is booked for months in advance. Aren't we heading there right now? As for this Jeep, yeah it's sexy but does anyone need all that to go camping?
You can "go camping" with a backpack, tent, and sleeping bag. Really not the point of this listing, or this website.

Having a similar setup on a Sport S with nowhere near as many Alucab accessories, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $85K today for this rig. Absolutely love the Gladiator/Canopy Camper combo.

paachi

This is an awesome build. I wish I was in the market for one. People don’t stop to appreciate what it takes cost, effort and planning wise to build a rig. At $85K this is a great value. Yes aftermarket accessories aren’t worth the same as you put in them but building something from scratch will be atleast 120K incl labor. The way I do the math you are getting a new ish AEV Jeep with $10K for all the accessories installed!

@tommysita three comments for you

1. I see you posted interior pics but in all honestly the amount of effort that’s been out in the truck merits a much nicer set of pictures at a back country location and a walk through video
2. How did you solve for the spare tire? Is it mounted on the rear door of the AluCab?
3. The spec sheet says body colored panels but I see the black roof panels. Maybe a typo?

Good luck with the sale. I am building my rig up for a big trip and trust me I know the pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommysita

hey @paachi
1) Anyone who is remotely interested in the truck can see that it has been built to perfection, not a cable around and all is perfect
2) I am not sure i would achieve anything better on the sale with better pictures, if anyone is interested in specifics i am happy to respond or if you are actually interested you can come see it
3) spare tire is under the truck, original holder. 35 fits under inflated but since i have 37inch needed to be deflated to remain stored

thank you!

paachi

I agree with the permits and booking headache. With the explosion of vehicle based camping (overlanding is a strong term for me) yes getting access to campgrounds and public lands is harder. But it’s also driven by poor trail etiquette and not following Leave to Trace principles.

Out in the west coast we do have BLM lands which atleast for now gives great remote camping opportunities.

A vehicle like this is suited for long term traveling and to really remote spots. For a regular camping spot it’s maybe overkill but it allows for conveniences and amenities which will allow for the full family to come and enjoy the experience. For example I can camp with a tent and a backpack but being able to have a closed setup with a good bed, shower and a composting toilet for example will remove a big hurdle for my wife to also enjoy camp with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Best deal on Expo right now at 85k IMHO. GLWTS. Don't listen to the weenies. Pretty sure it's a VIOLATION to beat up a poster on pricing on this forum thread. It's also just ugly and a bad look. Keep your garbage to yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle