SOLD: '91 2500 4x4 Suburban Trifecta from Cali

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Trifecta you ask?!
-Last year square body style, complete with barn doors
-2500 4x4 with 4L80 transmission, only year combo available (Returned 18 mpg driving home 3500 miles!!)
- Lifelong Cali truck, one owner until this year, 135k miles

So, what's the story? Well, I needed a vehicle to drive cross country gathering Rover parts as I went. Not to mention my weakness for old Suburbans, and I found this one- flew out to Cali, drove her home. Averaged 18 mpg, used less than a quart of oil, and had a wonderful uneventful trip. The truck was repainted aprox 5 years ago in orig color, and is decent- certainly not show condition, but no real issues either. I bought new tires before starting the trip, stock 235/85-16 size, and had the headliner replaced when I got home- was a touch saggy. The PO had already bought later style GM alloys, which look great on the truck. There is no rust anywhere on the truck!! It drives extremely tight, no shakes or wander of any type. Stock suspension, and rides amazing- extremely comfortable trip!! It has tilt wheel, F & R A/C which blows ice cold, PW, PL, cruise (in-op but only needs accumulator per PO, about $40), bucket seats with console, third row seat, rear defogger, HD towing package- pretty well all available options IIRC. It did have power mirrors, but the PO changed to chrome GM truck mirrors per his preference.
Negatives? Dash is cracked per the hot Cali sun, but has carpet dash cover. Front pass window a little slow, but does fine, albeit slowly. Driver side rear door sticks occasionally.

It is one thing to say I would drive it cross country tomorrow, but I just did!! Asking $6,950 for Expo members, before going to Ebay and Craigslist.

NOTE/UPDATES:
-12/3: Forgot to add I have already replaced front hubs with Warn Gold lockouts. Why?? Not sure why I did, as the auto hubs were fine... Just gotta 'upgrade' something I suppose ;-)
-12/4: Motor is 350/5.7 Tbi

And now a few pics- let me know if want to see anything specific:

Attachments

• DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    444.8 KB · Views: 5,281
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    409.2 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    446.3 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    437.8 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    318.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Very nice rig, a buddy would almost sell a kidney to own a square body that clean! One question, are all of the tires matching?

USMC Dude

Just looking to get lost
Dig it. Had an 83' Diesel Suburban with the Banks Turbo that was super clean I picked up for $300 off the side of a neighborhood street since it needed a flex plate while I was stationed in California. Regret selling it to this day. Land of the clean vehicles. Now I am stationed in North Carolina and this has the wheels in my head turning.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Tires are new, but mismatched only because there were not a full set of anything at the tire dealer in Cali in this size. So, I opted for Duratracs on rear, and can't remember front brand, but new A/T's.

Thanks for all the kind words- she is a great rig, and ready to go... wherever!!

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Dale - let me show this to Ann when I get home from work tonight. We have been considering a change... right up this alley.

John

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Hey John- shot you a PM back. 5.7 Tbi, sorry I didn't post- amended above, Thanks!!
Look forward to seeing you Sunday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior